Well the damn thing is being a little whore....

couple of weeks ago it wouldn't start up, lights came on, music played, voltage was fine. No clicky or anything. Dad came back from a vacation, wiggled some shit and it started up. been running find since then, tonight i go out to leave work, same thing is happening again so its stuck at work now. Did the wiggly thing, moved shit around. Same symptoms, lights come on, music plays, etc. etc. just not clicking or firing. Im thinking maybe its a computer problem, maybe the starter, maybe ignition switch, some sort of module, i dont know. gonna try it again tomorrow, then have it towed to a mechanic, just figured id ask on here to see if anyone had any thoughts. thanks.

humm, could you be a bit more specific? What year, make, and model of truck is it? What "wiggly thing" did you wiggle?

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

check your wire running down to your starter, if your getting good voltage and stuff just won't "Click" and your dad wiggled some stuff and got it to start its prolly the pos wire going to your starter, i've seen it happen befor, had boneville that i had to replace that wire. and if that don't do it and i would just do this anyways while you down the messying around take starter off and go get it tested. with out being there looking at it myself thats about all i can say unless you find out more info about whats going on

EDIT: another thing you could do to see if its the wire is take some like 4 gauge from the pos on battery, (make sure your key all the way on like you going to start it) and take that wire and touch it to the pos post on the starter silinoid if it turns over its most likely the wire or in a relay but that should help narrow it down some for ya

Edited by LordArcane

i was sort of thinking its the starter, my buddy thinks that too. im probly going to have it towed to a mechanic,because its on a ramp in a parking garage right now, (not the best place to jack up a car and work on it)

ya prolly wouldn't work on it there myself, but ya i have feeling its the starter or the pos wire going to the starter silinoid in any case its should be cheap fix but your computer should be fine if everything else its working as normal, it could happen but i never seen where computer just stops one function and not a few others also.

i used to have old carmaro that i had to start with a screw drive, had to touch it across the starter posts on the back of the starter to get it to start lol

check your grounds and fuses. alto unbolt the wires from the terminals and check for corrosion

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Most of the time a starter won't just stop working, it usually starts dragging until eventually it can't turn the crank. It could be the solenoid since it's not clicking or anything but, since you said your dad wiggled some stuff around it's more than likely a cable. I would check your ground first and then positive and make sure the battery terminals are clean. I definately woulnd't pay to have it towed or pay a mechanic to check for a lose wire though. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Grammar Fail

Edited by JGod

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

well did that hammer tappy thing on the starter and that worked, so im going to replace the starter thursday. its been working since sunday night. ill probably change out the wire just to be safe as well.

sounds like a starter solenoid issue

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo