Second Skin Audio

the hoopty?

Made the most space he could for the subs.

And had some chats with some really smart dudes.

:diablo:

:hide:

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

not bandpass, no loading

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

what do you mean lucky?

I'am sure thats just what he was left with space wise

I mean the Escalade is only so large, and the airspace needed for 8-18s is pretty large... so what do you think?

Plus he needed the extra area in the back for the monstrous amps and batts

I wasn't meaning anything by it I just meant that surely there was more to it than that just being all the space he had left. I thought it would be a little more scientific than that but maybe I was wrong.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

The airspace behind the subs and the port tuning is more important than the chamber size. Not really luck, just get the subs the space they need and the chamber gets what is left limited only by the vehicle it's going in.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Ok thats kewl! Didn't you do a mini version of the box in your cruser?

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Ok thats kewl! Didn't you do a mini version of the box in your cruser?

Yep, with a lot of PMs to Steve, the center chamber is just open space, not tuned or calculated at all. I had 36" width to work with so I divided it by 3 so the center chamber on mine is 12" wide. Vids of the Hoopty appear that it is larger in size but an Escalade is much wider than a PT! :D

Steve, Ray or a few others might be be able to explain it better but there is something magical about that design shape! It has no cancellation and produces a very nice sound. I had to have it! Thankfully Steve let me attempt to copy it. Mine is nothing like the real thing, just looks like it.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Yep, with a lot of PMs to Steve, the center chamber is just open space, not tuned or calculated at all. I had 36" width to work with so I divided it by 3 so the center chamber on mine is 12" wide. Vids of the Hoopty appear that it is larger in size but an Escalade is much wider than a PT! :D

Steve, Ray or a few others might be be able to explain it better but there is something magical about that design shape! It has no cancellation and produces a very nice sound. I had to have it! Thankfully Steve let me attempt to copy it. Mine is nothing like the real thing, just looks like it.

i want to see in austin

so basicly cant u call this a virtical clamshell? with out the angle of the baffel board, or thats how i see it, cause for it to be a 3chamber dual reflex 2 chamber bandpass i think it would halfto have some sort of porting on the front of the middle of the box to classify it as a bandpass, kinda like this dualbpass3cham.gif

so basicly its a clamshell turned on its side to maxamize airspace and make it alot cleaner i guess, cause loading a 50-80lb sub upside down must be a bitch, and it looks better imo

i think thats the point everyones trying to bring across, n u can look at this site for more info on boxs http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes.asp

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Yes. It's technically a parallel tuned 6th order or vertical clamshell thing or whatever you want to call it. But a. it wasn't designed to be one and b. the chamber has relatively little airspace and an enormous 'port' so I would hazard a guess that it's 'tuned' to such a high frequency as to have little/no effect on sub-bass frequencies.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!