Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Started with stereos when I was 14. couple of neighbor kids and I had started a band. We spent most of our time riding our bikes to radio shack to get parts to hook up our mics to my dads SEAS receiver that was powering a pair of fisher 3 way 12's. We recorded our stuff on reel to reel.

One night I was adding the Fishers to the back of my 67 galaxie to listen to them off my brand new 2 knob Kraco when the neighbor across the street asked if I knew how to hook up stereos. I lied and said I could. He said his Kenwood 2 knob wasn't working and wanted me to look at it. I spent about an hour looking at it to find a loose wire nut. Hooked it back up and it was golden. He paid my with an Alpine 2 knob that he said didn't work. Took a few new wire nuts and it worked like a champ.

From then on I was their guy for anything stereos and then progressed into pumps. It was a cool gig cause they were the big gang bangers on the town and that meant no one was to mess with me.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Posted

like 12.. since i didnt have a car and my allowance couldnt buy anything incredible. I would ride my bike to garage sales, and eventually I had my self a pair of computer speakers, a 10 inch cheap car sub, some cheap shitty car amp, and an old ass computer which i tool the PSU out of. We had a shed in our backyard with a bunch of scrap wood and wood working tools, where I made a box for the sub. (looked like shit, built like shit, was simply shit, but i thought i was pretty badass!) I then tool the computer speakers and disconnecte the 2inch sub. (wow lol..) adn then connected it to my amp, which was powered by the computer psu.. I bumped that shit as loud as i could. (sounded like shit) but i loved my "system"

Upgrades now.. lol

I actually own a car and dicent equipment now..

Posted

like 12.. since i didnt have a car and my allowance couldnt buy anything incredible. I would ride my bike to garage sales, and eventually I had my self a pair of computer speakers, a 10 inch cheap car sub, some cheap shitty car amp, and an old ass computer which i tool the PSU out of. We had a shed in our backyard with a bunch of scrap wood and wood working tools, where I made a box for the sub. (looked like shit, built like shit, was simply shit, but i thought i was pretty badass!) I then tool the computer speakers and disconnecte the 2inch sub. (wow lol..) adn then connected it to my amp, which was powered by the computer psu.. I bumped that shit as loud as i could. (sounded like shit) but i loved my "system"

Upgrades now.. lol

I actually own a car and dicent equipment now..

Posted

Very recently. I got into car audio about 2 years ago after about 2 years of looking into home audio. Wasn't 'till I heard of The LMS ULTRA did I start looking into car audio.

I have no system in my car of, other than stock, but hopefully that will change real soon. :)

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4752 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...