Explosivesound Posted July 1, 2009 Report Posted July 1, 2009 Im getting two sets of RE XXX 6.5c comps. The mounting depth is 3 7/8" on the midbass. Im using three MDF rings .75" each stacked to fit them in my doors. Since the drivers take up a lot of ^3 considering how little space is in my door, can I mount them inverted. I know its possible with subs but have never heard anyone ever inverting mids. Of course most mids arent as large! Or with the space of the three rings should I be alright mounting them normal. I will use alluminum and patch up as many access spots in the door as possible and deaden the inside and outside of the door panel, sort of making an enclosure. Any ideas?
kooch Posted July 1, 2009 Report Posted July 1, 2009 Im getting two sets of RE XXX 6.5c comps. The mounting depth is 3 7/8" on the midbass. Im using three MDF rings .75" each stacked to fit them in my doors. Since the drivers take up a lot of ^3 considering how little space is in my door, can I mount them inverted. I know its possible with subs but have never heard anyone ever inverting mids. Of course most mids arent as large! Or with the space of the three rings should I be alright mounting them normal. I will use alluminum and patch up as many access spots in the door as possible and deaden the inside and outside of the door panel, sort of making an enclosure. Any ideas? i have 2 sets also.....the screw hole is damn near the outer lip, its gonna be a close cut. drill the holes out first or you will split the ring(from experience). i had a little room to play with so the 3/4 inch rings we made were ok.
finkster Posted July 1, 2009 Report Posted July 1, 2009 inverted would look retarded down in the doors...IMO of course....I mean the cone is so sexy why would u wanna cover it up? lol also it will stick out near your leg and be annoying after time. PS and also I, myself have to do the MDF rings to make them fit...im ordering the comps this friday DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
Explosivesound Posted July 1, 2009 Author Report Posted July 1, 2009 I agree 100% it would look retarded, and be rediculously annoying. The MDF rings are the way to go. I havent done fiberglass before so I asked a local shop and they said for kickpanels to mount them in would be $300 so I cheaped out real fast and decided on the rings!
8000watts Posted July 16, 2009 Report Posted July 16, 2009 do u guys make ur rings or do u buy them??
Boon Posted July 17, 2009 Report Posted July 17, 2009 I've seen it done in showcars. Think something along the lines of 3 sets of comps in the doors with 1 inverted. 10.x volts fo' life!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.