Second Skin Audio

Kicker L7 vs. JL W7

TyC2010

Augh! Fucking prefab garbage! So much wasted space. I would definately rebuild a bigger better box. Maybe 6ft^2 tuned to 40hertz. Not sure what your listening preferences are. But even that box there should be louder than one W7. Is his W7 in a car? Whats the reading at the amp? How do you have them wired?

i like anything that hits hard really. his W7 is in a ford explorer. mines in a Escalade. they are DVC so i just followed the diagram on crutchfield.

Posted Image

i like anything that hits hard really. his W7 is in a ford explorer. mines in a Escalade. they are DVC so i just followed the diagram on crutchfield.

Posted Image

It's not loud like it shoud be because your box is too small. Also, when it would be better for all the subs to use the same enclosure space and port as close as possible for the back of the truck. For 50-60 bucks from Lumber Source, you can build a simple, but efficient box that slams harder and sounds better.

JL Audio definitely knows how to build subwoofers, but the former Stillwater Designs does too.

TyC2010, check ur PMs in a second, sending you one now

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

I'll gladly design you a box for those L7's if you want. Just let me know how much room you have and what frequency you want it tuned to. Oh yeah, I highly reccomend doing precision ports in the box too. They are the round ports with flares that can be had on partsexpress for like $14 each for 4" ones. For your setup I'd reccomend at least 4 of the 4" ones or maybe even 2 of the 6" ones. The only problem with the 6's are that they cost like $37 each. If you want some help with a new box pm me and I'll help you for free. I've designed many boxes for members here on the forum and have never had a complaint, not to mention that my car is one of the loudest 2 15 in a no wall setup here on the forum off of a measly 3500 watts. I've got the deebeez for you http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Oh yeah, are those 10's or 12's? I'm assuming that they are 12's, but I don't remember seeing it in the topic.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woof...mp;woofer_imp=3

I would wire them to 1.34ohm, alot more power outta the amp that way :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

I agree definatly need a bigger box, and with it wired like that, after Inpedence rise and box rise, the amp is probably seeing over 4 ohms so basically instead of getting 2500rms to them it is more like 1300rms, I agree with the person above to wire it to a 1.34ohm load, and inpedence rise and box rise should put it over 2 ohms, but dont always depend on that to get you to the right ohm load.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

hey nightshade can u give me a box design for my 15" xls

kia spectra 4 door

HU-a kenwood kdc-692x

optima red top under the hood ( kinetik battery or powermaster in the back )

Iraggi 260amp H/O alternator

1 set of knu kandy 1/0 guage wiring kit ( 2 more sets coming )

front speakers -

back speakers -

2 12" lv 4's with lvl 5 softparts ( going to be 4 in near future)

Sundown 3500d( going to be 2 sometime )

i have boughten from - Bass14(smd), ddbump(caraudioclassifieds)

hey nightshade can u give me a box design for my 15" xls

No problem. Just send me your max dimensions in your vehicle and what you would like it to be tuned to and I'll hook you up.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Archived