Computer upgrade time

Final build pics , side fan isn't hooked up at the moment though.

DSCN0369.jpg

DSCN0373.jpg

DSCN0374.jpg

DSCN0381.jpg

DSCN0385.jpg

Cpu temp is really good with only one fan installed. I have seen it as low as 24c idling . Pretty much stays at ambient room temp at idle . I have not run any serious stress tests yet to see where it goes under 100% load . Core temps are in the 35-40c range at idle. I have it slightly overclocked running at 3.2Ghz + turbo enabled so 3.36Ghz. Ram running at 1600mhz.

Run it on 3DMark06 to see what it has , stock 2.67Ghz + turbo enabled. Ram not even set right , just running at default 1067mhz it did 17,903.

Overclocked to 3.2+turbo / ram set at 1600 it did 21,338.

Pretty happy with it , runs really quiet .. almost silent. Surprised me with all the case fans it has.

2000 Trans Am ws6 - 6spd / M9 / cam / full bolt-ons / semi full suspension / tune

1998 Integra - daily beater, [2] AB XFL-1244's / 4ft³@35Hz, 61in² / Saz-3500dv1 @.85Ω

thats a good 3d mark score. ill bet you can bump that processor up even more than 3.2 also.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Did a little foolin around with some settings and then run it on 3DMark06 again .

From the 21,338 score ..

I set Vista at performance setting vs. energy savings & went and set the graphics card to performance rather than quality (visuals still look good at this setting imo).

Results where a little better at 21,364 .

I've read disabling HT will boost the score so I went into the bios and turned it off. Everything exactly the same as before otherwise , the results where 21,927.

2000 Trans Am ws6 - 6spd / M9 / cam / full bolt-ons / semi full suspension / tune

1998 Integra - daily beater, [2] AB XFL-1244's / 4ft³@35Hz, 61in² / Saz-3500dv1 @.85Ω

Real nice....

I would try to squeeze more juice out of that i7 920...

I would have gone with 30" of desktop real estate...lol

did you mention a sound card? Im hoping you're getting one soon. All that sweetness and integrated audio FTL

Over-all killer system, though.....let's see some numbers from Crisis (DX-10 mode :diablo: )

The integrated audio is not that bad. Has all the necessities and can do dolby, optical, etc... The new intel integrated audio on that board does 192 kHz/32-bit over 8 channels... :)

777319156.png

how much did all this run you?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Cost a little over 2 grand for everything , I am thinking of putting 6GB more ram in it for a total of 12GB.

Forgot to mention I went with a Pioneer BDR-203 Blue-ray burner/player , have not tried burning anything but it plays Blue-rays so all is good there. Looks awesome with everything hooked up HDMI.

The processor is D0 stepping , batch # 3910A314 / S-step: SLBEJ.

I went into the bios and upped the qpi to 180 for 3.6Ghz + turbo (3.78Ghz) , VCore voltage I upped .07500 but it booted at default 1.2100 . Basicly a 1Ghz increase , run it on Prime95 on 8 threads stressing it 99.x % for a while and it got to a max of 74c on one of the CPU core temps but most of the time it was about 71c on all 4 cores . CPU temp rose to 58c at max and never increased. Ambeint room temp was 26c.

Also run it on MemTest for an hour , run 8 instances of 562 each and had zero errors.