DC Sound Lab

First post, and first order

First post here, I just wanted to say hey to everyone. I also just ordered my first DC lvl4XL10, gonna see how it performs and sounds, and possibly order a few more of these later on. I have never seen or heard a DC speaker before so I wanted to be a little cautious, but Ive read lots of good things so should be all good. Will be posting build pics/ vids once it gets here.

congrats and welcome to the forum

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

• 2 weeks later...

Just got it in today. Why is it not suggested for sealed? I dropped it into the .75 cu/ft box of the sub it is replacing (because it will be a few weeks before I have time to make a new ported box and really wanted to hear it), crossed it at 63 hz and it sounds pretty good. I havent turned up the power on it yet though, but it has the potential to make plenty of noise.

Just got it in today. Why is it not suggested for sealed? I dropped it into the .75 cu/ft box of the sub it is replacing (because it will be a few weeks before I have time to make a new ported box and really wanted to hear it), crossed it at 63 hz and it sounds pretty good. I havent turned up the power on it yet though, but it has the potential to make plenty of noise.

the xl is designed to be Loud. Ported get way louder than sealed unless a mass amount of cone area is involved.

how much power are you giving it.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

lol i ran into the same question not to long ago, and most ppl said its just not recommended and that u have to be careful with a sealed. but there is people that do it. i was going to seal 2 xl 18's but i didnt like how small sealed would of looked, so as tell probley say, be careful and know your limits

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.