AI James Posted July 8, 2009 Report Posted July 8, 2009 Pair of Lvl 4s will take that and sound great doing it. great pricing, better customer service, and quality product -Drew are you saying that dc has a better quality sub then fi? or is that your opinion on it?customer serice ie had no issues with either one. quality either but as i said before i prefer the sandwiched tinsils oer the sewn. also working for the company id expect you to want him to run something thats rated at the wattage he wants so that later ytour not warrantying lvl 4s he put 3k on
ALPINE408 Posted July 8, 2009 Report Posted July 8, 2009 Pair of Lvl 4s will take that and sound great doing it. great pricing, better customer service, and quality product -Drew Ummm I know for a fact quality is not better close to the same but not bettter same gos for customer service ether sub you get you will be happy with and think it's the best in the world I have found the Fi/aa are a lil more forgiving Have you ever had your woofers blown?
Noobtastic14 Posted July 8, 2009 Report Posted July 8, 2009 Ok so, been doing lots o' research on subs/what I can afford/what my car can hold etc. Figured out that putting an 18 in my car is out of the question for a complicated reason, but I am now considering a 15 or 2 12's. Looking at Fi and DC 12's and 15's. Heard great things about both, seen videos of both slamming, but don't know which to go for. I want to know which one you guys think is the better brand, also what level DC's should I go with if your vote is DC. also working for the company id expect you to want him to run something thats rated at the wattage he wants so that later ytour not warrantying lvl 4s he put 3k onIts not unusual to put 1500w on a lvl 4 w/lvl 5 coilUmmm I know for a fact quality is not better close to the same but not bettter same gos for customer service ether sub you get you will be happy with and think it's the best in the world I have found the Fi/aa are a lil more forgiving Both companies have great CS/Product, as shown i am a bit partial to the quality of DC and that is my opinion and will stay that way. -Drew I am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. uhoh_45 said: dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
AI James Posted July 8, 2009 Report Posted July 8, 2009 well at least tell the OP and us whats better quality on the sub. id personally like to know myself
ALPINE408 Posted July 8, 2009 Report Posted July 8, 2009 well at least tell the OP and us whats better quality on the sub. id personally like to know myself Ok I'm not bashing at all but this is what I see and info I know poll piece on the Fi/aa is more enginered (sp) and looks to have more cooling spiders scott uses a mix of soft and stiff spiders the stiff ones on the outside they move more and soft in the middle for the btl from testing this works best while dc lvl xl has 3 stiff spiders also the btl uses 4 tinsel Leds per conector dc uses 2 but have played with them both dc kicks some major ass and it's still a new company Scott has been doing this for YEARS also I want some dc's myself so don't think I'm just bosting one company Have you ever had your woofers blown?
skittlesRgood Posted July 8, 2009 Report Posted July 8, 2009 Ok I'm not bashing at all but this is what I see and info I know poll piece on the Fi/aa is more enginered (sp) and looks to have more cooling spiders scott uses a mix of soft and stiff spiders the stiff ones on the outside they move more and soft in the middle for the btl from testing this works best while dc lvl xl has 3 stiff spiders also the btl uses 4 tinsel Leds per conector dc uses 2 but have played with them both dc kicks some major ass and it's still a new company Scott has been doing this for YEARS also I want some dc's myself so don't think I'm just bosting one company dc has dual tinsels... well they have the option. mine has it. op, you want 2-3k per sub or total? If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
VistaV6 Posted July 8, 2009 Author Report Posted July 8, 2009 Total. SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it. "You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.
thehoe92 Posted July 8, 2009 Report Posted July 8, 2009 why not go with a t3 tss 12 or 15? I know James could jump in with his experience with the 10" as far as DC vs. Fi you will get a great product no matter what. it seems to me that DC will take more power over the rated longer compared to Fi that gets warm pretty quick. and Alpine which Fi sub were you talking about with the pole vent? Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple
ALPINE408 Posted July 8, 2009 Report Posted July 8, 2009 dc has dual tinsels... well they have the option. mine has it. op, you want 2-3k per sub or total? Yes were dc has 2 Fi has 4 why not go with a t3 tss 12 or 15? I know James could jump in with his experience with the 10" as far as DC vs. Fi you will get a great product no matter what. it seems to me that DC will take more power over the rated longer compared to Fi that gets warm pretty quick. and Alpine which Fi sub were you talking about with the pole vent? there all vented for cooling just not down the center like dc the pole piece is groved so the cooling air pass by the coil Have you ever had your woofers blown?
thehoe92 Posted July 8, 2009 Report Posted July 8, 2009 Ok I'm not bashing at all but this is what I see and info I know poll piece on the Fi/aa is more enginered (sp) and looks to have more cooling spiders scott uses a mix of soft and stiff spiders the stiff ones on the outside they move more and soft in the middle for the btl from testing this works best while dc lvl xl has 3 stiff spiders also the btl uses 4 tinsel Leds per conector dc uses 2 but have played with them both dc kicks some major ass and it's still a new company Scott has been doing this for YEARS also I want some dc's myself so don't think I'm just bosting one company dc has dual tinsels... well they have the option. mine has it. op, you want 2-3k per sub or total? doesn't dual mean 2 hahathere all vented for cooling just not down the center like dc the pole piece is groved so the cooling air pass by the coilthats the only flaw I see in Fi's designs because they are basically plugged.apparently its a plunger effect where the hot air within the coil gets pulled out while cold air gets pulled in but if you heat the coil up where is the cold air coming from? Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.