qu1cks1lver56 Posted April 23, 2012 Report Posted April 23, 2012 My buddy went to the gym with me and got me started on dumbell bench press. I've never done it before a few weeks ago, liking it much more than regular flat bench, seeing results much faster. I usually do chest and biceps on mondays, triceps, shoulders, and back on tuesday, and usually work in some abs at the end of each workout, then I usually do cardio on Wednesdays and legs on Thursdays. I feel like I should do more for my back and shoulders though, but I don't know what. On Tuesdays I do: dumbell shoulder press 3x12x50 (50 in each hand) and sometimes can't get the last rep or 2 on set 3 shrugs with 65lb dumbells, usually 3 sets of 12 skullcrushers with a 40 or 45lb dumbell, 3x10 tricep pulldowns on cable machine with 90lbs, 2x20 single handed tricep pulldowns on cable machine with 30lbs 2x16 wide grip lat pulldowns with 165lbs 3x12 2 different row machines 1 low, 1 high, with 180lbs, usually 2x10 on each. that's not the order I go in, usually start at shoulder press then move around to whatever I feel like next lol. But what else could I do for shoulders and back? First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
blownengine Posted April 23, 2012 Report Posted April 23, 2012 Do side, front, and rear raises with dumbells. They will really bulk the outside and give you width. It also looks much better when you flex your biceps. 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA Big 3 with Yellow Top 15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)
qu1cks1lver56 Posted April 23, 2012 Report Posted April 23, 2012 Ahh didn't even think about that. Thanks First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
optical Posted April 23, 2012 Report Posted April 23, 2012 Damn, I want to look like that haha Don't we all. Yea nice work Optical. thanks guys but looks are so deceiving. I look strong and am usually stronger than people my weight but i dont feel it. I would much rather look worse and be stronger. Did the bench workout you posted orion, I feel very sore and was not even able to do the whole thing. I think i am going to have to split my tricep and my chest routine up i just get so exhausted from doing chest. Also i didnt put that i am training to be an mma fighter, I usually do grappling, heavy, and speed bag work everyday for 30-60 minites.
OrionStang Posted April 23, 2012 Report Posted April 23, 2012 Glad you like it, man. I started a 5x5 program today. Doing it for bench, squat, deadlift, and military press. Legs and core monday, bench tuesday, off wednesday, deadlift/back and core thursday, and shoulders friday. Haven't squatted in about 6 weeks (knees), and it felt good to get back under the bar. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
optical Posted April 24, 2012 Report Posted April 24, 2012 Glad you like it, man. I started a 5x5 program today. Doing it for bench, squat, deadlift, and military press. Legs and core monday, bench tuesday, off wednesday, deadlift/back and core thursday, and shoulders friday. Haven't squatted in about 6 weeks (knees), and it felt good to get back under the bar. nice!, curious as to what you are starting for numbers on your squat considering the knee. I also just got done doing legs and felt awesome did 5 sets total of squat. 10x135,10x155,10x175,10x195,10x225 and felt awesome. Plus everything else of course.
OrionStang Posted April 24, 2012 Report Posted April 24, 2012 Glad you like it, man. I started a 5x5 program today. Doing it for bench, squat, deadlift, and military press. Legs and core monday, bench tuesday, off wednesday, deadlift/back and core thursday, and shoulders friday. Haven't squatted in about 6 weeks (knees), and it felt good to get back under the bar. nice!, curious as to what you are starting for numbers on your squat considering the knee. I also just got done doing legs and felt awesome did 5 sets total of squat. 10x135,10x155,10x175,10x195,10x225 and felt awesome. Plus everything else of course. Well being the first day back, I just did 5x5 at 225. Felt easy, but don't want to rush back in. I'll probably add 25lbs a week over the next few weeks. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
optical Posted April 25, 2012 Report Posted April 25, 2012 I think i am going to sit down and go through this whole topic and create a better workout schedual tonight. So much information! for how sore i got/still am on the chest workout im kinda scared for the shoulder one coming up at the end of the week. 1 exercise i did for awhile were body weight squats. I did them two ways. first, 1,2,3,4,5...up to 20 which equals 210 total. The second was 20 sets of 10. If anyone gets bored with weight or doesnt have time to run to the gym i encourage you to give them a try. Anyone ever try making these protein bars? http://scoobysworkshop.com/scooby-poo-bars/
optical Posted April 26, 2012 Report Posted April 26, 2012 Is doing everything 5x5 a good idea or just 1 exercise per muscle? I started doing my deadlift that way today. Started lighter than i probably should have (225) but i think i will add 10 total pounds each week.
Tebo Posted April 26, 2012 Report Posted April 26, 2012 Ive been doing pull ups lots and lots of pull ups. they are indespensible pretty much so once you get your endurance with them you can just go forever. I got so into pull ups over the winter i got a buddy hooked and we made our own pull up bar outside, ill post pics tomorrow. 04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4 excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.