Jump to content

Weightlifting/ Workout


Recommended Posts

Posted

Well used to be 225 ripped and then had shoulder sugery bout 2 n a half years ago with a torn labrium. Now im 200 with a small gutt lol and no chest and arms. So I started up p90x today and it went well, hoping to gain some muscle and get my six pack back not really looking to get big again just be able to take my shirt off without being embarressed wish me luck guys.

117v1h5.png

2005 Lariat F-150

On 30 inch DUBS

6 Crossfire XS-V2 18's

2 Cactus 12k's, 1 Cactus 1000, 1 sundown 100.4

12 - 6.5 Crescendo mids and 4 Crescendo supertweets

SMD 340 alt, Mechman 270 alt

7 NSB 170 batterys

Posted

Wow nice work man! Making me look silly! Haha. The weather killed me too and if you ever ran with me you would know that hills are my absolute weakness. So naturally, the race included hills....

the funny thing about this is that i got beat by a 13 year old boy! By about a minite. i was very impressed. I am hoping to get under 20 minites that is my goal.

Posted

Well used to be 225 ripped and then had shoulder sugery bout 2 n a half years ago with a torn labrium. Now im 200 with a small gutt lol and no chest and arms. So I started up p90x today and it went well, hoping to gain some muscle and get my six pack back not really looking to get big again just be able to take my shirt off without being embarressed wish me luck guys.

damn same story as me! except im a lot bigger lol!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Posted

I need some advice/ insight on pre-workout boosters. I have never taken one so with my latest shipment of supplements I ordered an 8 serving trial size of Muscle Pharm Assault. It says take .5 to 1 scoop and list .5 scoops as a serving so I only took half a scoop to be safe and test the water. I felt more awake right away, but no more awake then coffee would make me (which is my normal pre-workout). At the gym I felt no stronger. I did the same weights and reps and it didn't increase my pump at all. In fact by the time I left the gym my pump was totally gone. It also made my skin kinda itchy, mostly on the backs of my hands. Halfway through the workout I felt like the focus was completely gone and my motivation fell fast. Let me give you an run down of my afternoon to see if I did something wrong.

11am: eat lunch

12 noon: 7 mile run with some friends (Moderate pace, able to hold a conversation.)

1:10pm: Come back from run and take a scoop of ON Whey protein

1:40pm: Take half a scoop of Assault in 10 oz of water

2pm: Arrive at the gym to hit shoulders, calves, and abs.

So did I do anything wrong with my day? Monday is my next workout and it's legs. Should I just take a whole scoop and experiment to see how I feel?

Thanks,

Dan

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Posted

The itchy feeling is from the Niacin and B vitamins, not harmful. It gets me bad on the inside of my elbow joints, forearms, and my ears LOL. I've never tries Assault, but I would suggest trying the whole scoop. Usually, they BS the serving size, 1 scoop is 1 serving. I use HemoRage Black and usually take 1.5-2 scoops. I like it more for the mental focus than the pump.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Dang Stang do you get instant notifications on this topic? Haha. You always respond in a few minutes. I just did some reading that said the itch was harmless. It's really just more of an annoyance. And I only took half the scoop to test my tolerance. I will try a whole scoop on Monday. This stuff is also kinda expensive, so if the benefits are not worth it I don't want to blow money on it. Assault also seemed like a "less extreme" pre-workout. Being my first time using one I didn't want to get anything like Jack3d or 1MR because they receive criticism for their heavy ingredients.

Am I supposed to take this on an empty stomach or does it not matter? I tried to space it out a little so the protein and pre-workout were not on top of each other. The 7 mile run wasn't really planned, it was spontaneous.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Posted

30 minutes is good, I eat a whole food meal and wait an hour before taking my pre. I would recommend adding carbs to the protein after running if you are going to lift later. Could be part of the reason you lost your pump, low glycogen.

Gaspari Super Pump and BSN NO-Xplode are both pretty mild and still work well. 1MR, Jacked and HemoRage are pretty powerful.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Ok I will be more mindful of carbs next time. You have to realize I literally have NO food in my dorm room besides sunflower seeds. But I go home in a week and will start a cutting diet for the summer. It's nearly impossible to manage meals like I should while at school because I have to eat at the cafeterias. Next year I have an apartment so I can make my own meals. When this sample pack runs out I might look into some others you mentioned if I'm not satisfied. I think really it will come down to price, since I'm already buying protein and creatine.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Posted

Yeah, I can see the issues living in the dorm. Gatorade would work for carbs after running.

Anyway, report back how it goes with a full scoop of Assault. I'm actually considering a new product by GAT, German American Technologies, called Nitraflex. Supposed to be a preworkout and test booster in one. GAT used to be one of the best manufacturers to get prohormones from. Until "the Man" dropped the hammer.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 573 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...