OrionStang Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 Never tried it, or researched almond milk. I hear its pretty good. I'll check it out and give you my opinion. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
OrionStang Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 I say its kind of a waste unless you're lactose intolerant. There is almost no protein and very little fat. It has more calcium than milk, and a good amount of vitamins, but you can get those elsewhere. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
CaPRiCEx383 Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 Not bad tasting honestly. First time I had it, I had to double check and see if it was chocolate milk LOL. I wonder what the sweetened one would taste like. 90 Nissan 240sx Avic z-140bh Audison SR4 Audison Voce 6.5s CDT es-20 tweeters Sundown 1500v3 (2) DD 9510's 3 cube box 2 6" aeros XS Power D2400 & Xp950 Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below. 97 Civic Hatch Build 86 Caprice Build you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion
CaPRiCEx383 Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 So Organic milk would be best? I don't drink milk much, Maybe 3 times a week. Sometimes I just use it as a before bed snack after my pushups with a Banana. 90 Nissan 240sx Avic z-140bh Audison SR4 Audison Voce 6.5s CDT es-20 tweeters Sundown 1500v3 (2) DD 9510's 3 cube box 2 6" aeros XS Power D2400 & Xp950 Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below. 97 Civic Hatch Build 86 Caprice Build you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion
shogen Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 Sad thing is, That is my personal best. I've never lifted more than 100lbs on the bench in my life before I bought my equipment this past year. I'm looking to hit it hard this coming week and be at 300+ in about two to three months. Orion. What about almond milk? I'm slowly transitioning my way to it. I buy the unsweetened one which is like 40 cals a serving I think. not saying your goal is impossible but setting yourself to a specific number sometimes creates ultimate fail.... Shoot for increasing your bench on a weekly or bi-weekly basis ... If you want to divide it up evenly to almost double your current bench which I assume is a max maybe 4-5 reps then look to increase your bench at least 5-10lbs a week ...This way you have something to shoot for every time you're in the gym and don't go too heavy before you're ready.... Rather be safe than sorry... I myself have a weak bench and during my process of trying to increase it had some issues with my shoulder but don't know exactly whether it was from incorrect lifting or an injury I had from a car accident that never revealed itself since I never really benched up until a few months ago.... I max 210 lbs right now but for some reason I feel WAY more comfortable doing dumbell pressing since the weights don't hover over my face and neck .... <<reason why I never did bench press til now.... Just be smart and when you're going heavier make sure that you lock out before putting the weights back... seen a few kids in the gym almost drop the bar on themselves at my gym... Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear) beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.
shogen Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 So Organic milk would be best? I don't drink milk much, Maybe 3 times a week. Sometimes I just use it as a before bed snack after my pushups with a Banana. maybe I missed it somewhere but what are your ultimate goals with weight training? Gain weight/muscle? Lose fat? Strength? Overall fitness? Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear) beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.
OrionStang Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 Organic regular milk is the best, but expensive. I only drink milk a couple times a week as well. So I just buy the cheap brand at Albertsons. And remember, you should have protein after your pushups or any workout. There is none in almond milk. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
OrionStang Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 @Shogen, didn't want to quote your entire post, but I dropped 225 on my neck my senior year in HS. I had just knocked out 32 reps combine style and didn't pay attention (dumb ass spotter, too). I let go of the bar and it landed right on my throat. I have no idea how I didn't get seriously hurt. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Trey_Dog650 Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 you probably had a thick ass neck. i know a college football player dropped a lot of weight on his neck but was able to survive cuz he was a meathead. he had minor injuries shit even my friend dropped it, more on his chest tho and i think thats why he didnt get hurt lol 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
shogen Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 @Shogen, didn't want to quote your entire post, but I dropped 225 on my neck my senior year in HS. I had just knocked out 32 reps combine style and didn't pay attention (dumb ass spotter, too). I let go of the bar and it landed right on my throat. I have no idea how I didn't get seriously hurt. You're a lucky dude Ken... you must've tensed up nicely right before the drop bro... God must've been watching you that day .... The other day I decided to go heavier on dumbell press (95lbs weights) .... Then decided I was man enough to go bench..... FML ... I started light (100lbs) and then went to 130lbs ... Did a set... added 10lbs ... went down ... and stalled half way up .... was gonna drop to chest slowly and roll off but some dude decided to be a hero and tried to just lift the shyt off me and it fell harder on my chest... I didn't hear him apparently calling to me cuz I had my headphones on but obviously wrong move on his part.... STUPID on my part for not being conservative.... Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear) beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.