OrionStang Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 Just lucky. Remember that USC running back a couple years ago did that shit, had to have all kinds of surgeries and was never able to play again. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Sosebee Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 Just lucky. Remember that USC running back a couple years ago did that shit, had to have all kinds of surgeries and was never able to play again. He played for the Titans and then blew his knee out in the pre season and was released. Sad news for that guy, blow after blow for him. 2005 Chevy Colorado Pioneer avic-x930bt Alpine pdx-m12 Alpine pdx-f4 Focal is 165 Focal ic 165 Sundown SA 15 D4 Kicker 0/1 OFC power wire Kicker 12 awg speaker wire XS Power D2400 DC Power 270 H/O Alt
OrionStang Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 Didn't know that, stopped following the story after he got hurt. Thats sucks. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
shogen Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 I've been hearing/reading mixed things on increasing bench press ... old and new material obviously .... Most common is going dumbell fully for a 1-2 month period and because you're using stabilizer muscles you'll be physically stronger but shyt is that I used to only dumbell press at 80lbs earlier in the year and when I went on bench at first I was going 130lbs for like ever.... I'm assuming it's muscle memory/function not being used to the exact motion (where you keep your hands and weight transfer due to different arm angle) that I was weaker... Anyway, I was forever trying to get more chest strength and muscle but I'm still having trouble.... Push-ups used to max between 20-25 reps absolute.... Now I'm up to 38-40.... My body weight is up about 205lbs now..... Just trying to figure out a better routine for "MY" chest still..... Gym life is hard man! Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear) beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.
SMZ2 Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 Yeah that is the scariest feeling when you feel that weight coming down... I'm glad I had good spotters doing dumbbell presses tonight I dropped my 9th rep of the 3rd set and they were there. Anyhow as far as increasing how much you can bench or rep is a pyramid a good way to increase weight? Like I said before I usually do 3 sets of 10. 155, 165, and 175. Would it benefit me to try and bump the weight up 5 pounds every week or is there a better way? My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
OrionStang Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 To raise your bench quickly, train the lift, not your chest. This is a very effective program http://www.timinvermont.com/fitness/benchpgm.htm I've got a couple more, but I like this one. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
shogen Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 Yeah that is the scariest feeling when you feel that weight coming down... I'm glad I had good spotters doing dumbbell presses tonight I dropped my 9th rep of the 3rd set and they were there. Anyhow as far as increasing how much you can bench or rep is a pyramid a good way to increase weight? Like I said before I usually do 3 sets of 10. 155, 165, and 175. Would it benefit me to try and bump the weight up 5 pounds every week or is there a better way? are you talking bench or dumbell press? unfortunately either way I am not the man for that but for purposes of goals it's easier to increase by percentages then tell yourself 300lbs in 2 months.... Obviously if you increase all your sets by 5lbs a week you'll see a difference in strength but some people increase at different rates.... Usually have to give yourself 2-3 weeks to see if something is working for you and then stick with it for 2 months or more if you like... Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear) beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.
SMZ2 Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 I've been hearing/reading mixed things on increasing bench press ... old and new material obviously .... Most common is going dumbell fully for a 1-2 month period and because you're using stabilizer muscles you'll be physically stronger but shyt is that I used to only dumbell press at 80lbs earlier in the year and when I went on bench at first I was going 130lbs for like ever.... I'm assuming it's muscle memory/function not being used to the exact motion (where you keep your hands and weight transfer due to different arm angle) that I was weaker... Anyway, I was forever trying to get more chest strength and muscle but I'm still having trouble.... Push-ups used to max between 20-25 reps absolute.... Now I'm up to 38-40.... My body weight is up about 205lbs now..... Just trying to figure out a better routine for "MY" chest still..... Gym life is hard man! Yeah I doubt I could do that many reps if had several sets... I used to do push ups and sit ups every night but I've become lazy about that but that is also what got me into working out. I still do sit ups ferquently and a few push every now and then. I weight 175 and I'm 6ft tall and I'm 18 I know I should be able to do more push ups since I can bench my bodyweight. My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
CaPRiCEx383 Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 No real goals. Just want to drop down about 60lbs or so. I'm about 265 right now. Only about 5'9 or so. About 3 months ago I could only do about 2-3 pushups. Now I can do sets of 30+ on the regular. Only problem is my wrists start giving in at about 30 reps. I just go until I get sharp pains around the armpit area and I fail the pushup and hit the floor. LOL. Now that might be bad but it has given me great results in upping my bench #'s. 90 Nissan 240sx Avic z-140bh Audison SR4 Audison Voce 6.5s CDT es-20 tweeters Sundown 1500v3 (2) DD 9510's 3 cube box 2 6" aeros XS Power D2400 & Xp950 Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below. 97 Civic Hatch Build 86 Caprice Build you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion
shogen Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 To raise your bench quickly, train the lift, not your chest. This is a very effective program http://www.timinverm...ss/benchpgm.htm I've got a couple more, but I like this one. nice way for recording ... I'll use it... This is now the 3rd time you've helped me in some Ken... I think you're on track for a sexy date with moi ..... hehe!!! Thanks brother.... Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear) beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.