SMZ2 Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 Yeah that is the scariest feeling when you feel that weight coming down... I'm glad I had good spotters doing dumbbell presses tonight I dropped my 9th rep of the 3rd set and they were there. Anyhow as far as increasing how much you can bench or rep is a pyramid a good way to increase weight? Like I said before I usually do 3 sets of 10. 155, 165, and 175. Would it benefit me to try and bump the weight up 5 pounds every week or is there a better way? are you talking bench or dumbell press? unfortunately either way I am not the man for that but for purposes of goals it's easier to increase by percentages then tell yourself 300lbs in 2 months.... Obviously if you increase all your sets by 5lbs a week you'll see a difference in strength but some people increase at different rates.... Usually have to give yourself 2-3 weeks to see if something is working for you and then stick with it for 2 months or more if you like... Dumbbell press. I almost dropped it on my chest but the spotter was a good one. I didn't even expect it I was handling the weight fine and then my arms turned to jello... @orionstang I will definitely try that program... I will look into it more when I get off mobile. My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
OrionStang Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 Sharp pain is not good LOL. But going to failure is. I need to get on a strict fat loss plan. Im back up to 300. I think a lot of it is the change in sleep and eating schedule since my shift changed from 4am to 1230am. Goal is to get back down to 250-260, then get my bf% checked and re-evaluate. I want to do a strength cycle before summer, so I got work to do. Time to practice what I preach. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
CaPRiCEx383 Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 Also as far as upping my bench. I was doing the Stronglifts 5x5. Which I am starting again this next week when I fully recover my back. And since I have no spotter, and its a home gym I bought about two months ago, I'm being extra careful. 90 Nissan 240sx Avic z-140bh Audison SR4 Audison Voce 6.5s CDT es-20 tweeters Sundown 1500v3 (2) DD 9510's 3 cube box 2 6" aeros XS Power D2400 & Xp950 Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below. 97 Civic Hatch Build 86 Caprice Build you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion
OrionStang Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 5x5 is a great program, for all the main lifts. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
SMZ2 Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 What is the 5x5 program? 5 sets of 5? My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
shogen Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 No real goals. Just want to drop down about 60lbs or so. I'm about 265 right now. Only about 5'9 or so. About 3 months ago I could only do about 2-3 pushups. Now I can do sets of 30+ on the regular. Only problem is my wrists start giving in at about 30 reps. I just go until I get sharp pains around the armpit area and I fail the pushup and hit the floor. LOL. Now that might be bad but it has given me great results in upping my bench #'s. TBH caprice... I'd look into you're food intake seriously hard.... Christmas 2010 I was at 232lbs .... I had tried exercising previous to that....joined the gym and everything and saw no real changes... I got dumped and kicked out the apartment we had together.... Rough shyt but decided on February 12, 2011 I was gonna lose that fcking fat for good ... I decided to change my diet severely and it worked.... It might not for all but I strictly removed lots of carbs from my diet .... Water only .... pretty much vegetables and chicken only.... Sometimes some Kashi cereal (dry since I didn't want the fat from the milk) .... I went down to 196lbs by May that year..... Joined the gym again in June of 2011 and reached my goal weight of 182lbs by March or 2012..... Went on vacation and felt soooo skinny ... Decided that I want to be in the 190s and stay there... and if I ended up in the 180s again I'd have to be packing some real muscle.... so right now I'm about 205lbs after bulking up a bit and hoping I can cut well after the winter.... We'll see how that goes... Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear) beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.
CaPRiCEx383 Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 It's the only way to describe it. But I get it right before failure at about the 4th or 5th set. 90 Nissan 240sx Avic z-140bh Audison SR4 Audison Voce 6.5s CDT es-20 tweeters Sundown 1500v3 (2) DD 9510's 3 cube box 2 6" aeros XS Power D2400 & Xp950 Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below. 97 Civic Hatch Build 86 Caprice Build you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion
OrionStang Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 What is the 5x5 program? 5 sets of 5? Yes, used a lot by powerlifters. Warm up a few sets, then do 5x5 with a weight where you can barely finish the fifth set. Having a spotter helps, but you don't need one if you're smart. Use it for bench, deadlift, squat, military press. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
shogen Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 http://stronglifts.com/ ... but if you google it you should fine a forum somewhere that has the routine actually posted... I don't have it anymore but it is a good routine.... Barbell work is essential .... Deadlift, squat, OH press, bench, rows .... .it did increase my strength but my goals have changed slightly since I want to increase bench more specifically Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear) beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.
CaPRiCEx383 Posted November 14, 2012 Report Posted November 14, 2012 Yeah, My main problem is the food I eat. Honestly its living at my moms fault..Hard to resist that delicious Mexican food. When I was in colorado I was at 215lbs so that home cooked meal has alot to do with it, I just have to get my mind set on it and I can do it. Since my brother is becoming vegetarian that might be a little easier for me. 90 Nissan 240sx Avic z-140bh Audison SR4 Audison Voce 6.5s CDT es-20 tweeters Sundown 1500v3 (2) DD 9510's 3 cube box 2 6" aeros XS Power D2400 & Xp950 Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below. 97 Civic Hatch Build 86 Caprice Build you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.