OrionStang Posted June 12, 2011 Report Posted June 12, 2011 ouch that looks like it kills The first couple days was ridiculous, could hardly move without cringing in pain. Now the pain has subsided to a sore, achy feeling, but I can't flex the muscle or pick anything up. It even hurts to wash my hands, due to pressing my hands together. I think the bruising maxed out yesterday, as it looks a little lighter today. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
GiAnT4LYFE Posted June 13, 2011 Report Posted June 13, 2011 Whenever I do Pec Deck or Cable fly work I usually resist my last set as long as I can.
Superjay Posted June 13, 2011 Report Posted June 13, 2011 Jay, who are you punching? Haha Giant, thats a good start man. Negatives should be at least 3-4 seconds, so you're good. I've never seen any research saying longer is bad. I've been fighting on saturdays again. Amateur MMA. I moved up a weight class to light-heavy, and those guys are less movable than light, welter or middleweight. I used to be a serious force in lightweight...now I'm 1-0-10 in light-heavy. I was 35-0-1 in light. I need to take a few weeks off to let my hand heal. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
OrionStang Posted June 14, 2011 Report Posted June 14, 2011 Injury update. I was able to do some concentration curls today ; 2x12@5lbs, then 2x10@10lbs SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Superjay Posted June 14, 2011 Report Posted June 14, 2011 hey, it's a start Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
GiAnT4LYFE Posted June 15, 2011 Report Posted June 15, 2011 I've always thought about taking up some sparring and jits classes and get into MMA. I love watching it and don't mind being punched at all. How long ago did you get into it Jay?
Superjay Posted June 15, 2011 Report Posted June 15, 2011 I've been fighting since the mid 90's. MMA got it's start a LONG time ago, way before UFC came about. Back when it was underground cage fighting, and the weight classes were less strict. I'd fight every other Saturday, and walk out with about a grand. That's when I was about 130 pounds, and my back didn't hurt as much. It's not hard to get in to...there are fight gyms all over the place. I go to one of two in my area...both within 5 minutes of me. Millennia and Shark Tank. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
GiAnT4LYFE Posted June 15, 2011 Report Posted June 15, 2011 That's good shit. What weight do you walk around at? Got back, tri's and abs today. I would really like to get this workout down to an hour and a half, but it's difficult to do that with 5 people.
OrionStang Posted June 15, 2011 Report Posted June 15, 2011 That's good shit. What weight do you walk around at? Got back, tri's and abs today. I would really like to get this workout down to an hour and a half, but it's difficult to do that with 5 people. I roll solo. When I'm training I have my earbuds in and don't talk to anybody. Focus on the task at hand and get it done. I know about a week ahead what the upcoming workouts are, down to the exercises, reps, sets, and weights used. I'm done in 45-60 minutes usually. And thats with 3-4 minutes between the HEAVY sets. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.