Sonic Electronix

Ok so I would like to get a good sound system in my car, but because of hard times right now I will be getting my speakers and headunit now and my subwoofer probably in the spring of next year. *I would get it for xmas or something but I live in Minnesota and playing subs loud at cold temperatures tears the sub* Anyways the speakers I plan on getting on two sets of Alpine type s component speakers http://www.woofersetc.com/p6262/SPS600C--A...aker-System.htm

My cousin also has two kicker 6x9 speakers that he bought for 300 bucks 2 years ago but never used them because they didn't fit in his car and didn't want to cut holes in his car and so he said he would sell me both of them for 20 bucks or so. I think these are them but not completely sure

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6586/KS690--Kic...al-Speakers.htm

Now I'm wondering, I would have 10 speakers total, 4 components/crossovers, 4 tweeters and 2 6x9 coaxials, I'm wondering would I need an amp to power these or would this kenwood headunit power them?

http://www.woofersetc.com/p7885/DPX503--Ke...d-Aux-Input.htm

I know an amp would help but I don't know if I have another 100 or 200 bucks laying around to buy them. I wouldn't even be getting the two 6x9 but there so cheap I'd be dumb not buy them. Anyways would that headunit power everything? I plan on spending 500 maybe 600 dollars on speakers. If anyone could answer this, I would appreciate it, and if anyone has recommendations for other speakers out there that are better, I'd like to know to. Thanks for reading

you'll need an amp...there's no sense in buying 500-600 bucks in speakers and not having the right tools to make em sound the way they should

Currently Under Construction - hoping to be done by August:

JVC KD-SH55 Head Unit

Rockford Fosgate 10" HX2 @ 35Hz

Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C (Mids/Highs)

Hifonics TXi4008 (amp for mids/highs)

Hifonics BXi610 (amp for sub)

KnuKonceptz Kolossus Flex 4 gauge - power/ground

50^2ft. FatMat sound deadener

Big 3 - KnuKonceptz 4 gauge

1 Farad Powersonic Cap

Yellow Top Optima

150A ANL Fuse

you'll need an amp...there's no sense in buying 500-600 bucks in speakers and not having the right tools to make em sound the way they should

I got to kinda agree, tho I ran my Alpine type-r 6.5 inch components off my Alpine headunit for a few months and they got amazinly loud for such little power.

I really dont think you will need the 6x9s to start with, Id just go with the 2 sets of components and maybe put the 6x9 money towards a decent 4 channel amp.

I got to kinda agree, tho I ran my Alpine type-r 6.5 inch components off my Alpine headunit for a few months and they got amazinly loud for such little power.

I really dont think you will need the 6x9s to start with, Id just go with the 2 sets of components and maybe put the 6x9 money towards a decent 4 channel amp.

x2. no nense in spendin extra money on it when you could put it toward a 4-channel amp. especially with all the components and everything else

Currently Under Construction - hoping to be done by August:

JVC KD-SH55 Head Unit

Rockford Fosgate 10" HX2 @ 35Hz

Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C (Mids/Highs)

Hifonics TXi4008 (amp for mids/highs)

Hifonics BXi610 (amp for sub)

KnuKonceptz Kolossus Flex 4 gauge - power/ground

50^2ft. FatMat sound deadener

Big 3 - KnuKonceptz 4 gauge

1 Farad Powersonic Cap

Yellow Top Optima

150A ANL Fuse

x2. no nense in spendin extra money on it when you could put it toward a 4-channel amp. especially with all the components and everything else

x3

After you get the sub, the 6x9s will be more headache than its worth anyway (assuming you are putting them in the "back dash").

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Archived