LGA1156 Gigabyte board!! Wow, this looks FANTASTIC!

OK, looks like SATA 3G is FINALLY on the way out! This is some of the first boards that utilize SATA 6G (Now we just have to wait for the HDD companies to catch up) This is getting exciting! 24phase VRMs for what should be damn near solid Vcore for OCing, and SLi support/X-Fire support (8x X 8x however when both PCIe slots are used in conjunction, otherwise full 16x PCIe 2.0 support) It is my understanding that the skt 1156 cpus will be out within 6 weeks (or sooner) I cant wait to get my hand on some OCing watercooling fun with these CPU's. Should be out in 32nm form soon as well, so I'm guessing 4.5GHz across all cores at that point using near stock Vcore, and minimal heat build up (well using high end water of course!)

http://hothardware.com/News/Gigabyte-Lynnf...rd-Sneak-Peeks/

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

now try to imagine what we will have 10 years from now

10 years ago we were on Windows 98 and about 600mhz was top speed.

i have no idea what you just said ^^^

But I'll take your word that it it exciting :D

haha i meant that its amazing how they managed to fit 8 SATA connectors, like 4 usb ports, 3-4 firewire ports, 2 onboard NIC's (onboard internet), and a bunch of other stuff.

haha i meant that its amazing how they managed to fit 8 SATA connectors, like 4 usb ports, 3-4 firewire ports, 2 onboard NIC's (onboard internet), and a bunch of other stuff.

My board is like this.. 6 sata connection 8 usb ports 2 on board nics 2 fire wire and a whole lot more... I can add up to 4 more USB and 4 more Fire wire ports through the headers on the motherboard.

My board is like this.. 6 sata connection 8 usb ports 2 on board nics 2 fire wire and a whole lot more... I can add up to 4 more USB and 4 more Fire wire ports through the headers on the motherboard.

I have a Gigabyte board too, 8 USB with the posibillity to add 4 more.

6SATA conectors, 2 esata connector's, 1 firewire, 7.1 sound, and optical outputs and inputs, and the old mouse and keyboard connectors.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I have a Gigabyte board too, 8 USB with the posibillity to add 4 more.

6SATA conectors, 2 esata connector's, 1 firewire, 7.1 sound, and optical outputs and inputs, and the old mouse and keyboard connectors.

Sounds like you have the same board as me :) mine is a gigabyte too.

the layout on this board really isn't any different from prior layouts. Obviously the 2 biggest additions here are LGA1156 SKT, and SATA6G. Having 27phases (24 for CPU, 3 for ram) will or should I say *should* provide a solid ocing experience. Asus has a few boards that had similar specs, however they way the marvell SATA6G was implemented, they were having several issues with it, so ASUS has decided to remove it, and just use the SATA3G that were all used to by now. I can't understand what gigabyte did differently to not have the same issues, but Gigabyte does have an amazing tech team.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny