DanK AKA crackers Bonne build.

i'm liking those panels :good::)

thanks mag, ha like i said ive never done these before and am just wingin it for lack of words lol im all about "whatever works" at this point lol so thanks for the compliments for real. ill have more done sometime this week and more pics up for sure as it gets done

• 2 weeks later...

I fixed the uneven floor situation in my bonnie, false floor FTW! i have pics if you wanna check it out

1997 Pontiac Bonneville Black on Black on Black

15" DC Sound Labs Level 5 w/ quad coil in a T-Line tuned to 35 hz

7" Jensen VM9311TS Touch Screen Flip Out w/ J-Link

Blue Custom Trim

Blue Custom Fiberglass Rear Speaker Pods

Autotek Mean Machine MM2000.1

1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

Rockford Fosgate Twisted RCA's

2 Audiopipe Anl fuse holders w/ 200A Kicker fuses

2nd battery (Soon to be an Odyssey D3100)

Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack

Custom False Floor

15% Tint All Around

Custom Painted Stock Rims

My Build Log

Tailights

15" Lvl 5 DC T-Line Build

I fixed the uneven floor situation in my bonnie, false floor FTW! i have pics if you wanna check it out

yeah i seen that, looks good mang. well im scrappin the idea of sub facing back and trimming the sides of the trunk up. layed around with direction and damn the sound is completly dif from facing rear to front. im leaning towards making somewhat of a frame around whwer the seat back is and seal it off from the trunk, and somehow make it easily removable. i would need to build somesort of "frame" du to the fact the trunk/seat back area having so many dif angles goin on. i just happen to have a peice of mdf the exact size n shape as the front and back peices of my box and would come in handy. then when the subs loaded back in the trunk ill trim the trunk up so looks like its just a smaller trunk lol all cleaned up. if anybody thinks this is a crap idea explain why cuz im just wingin it at this point lol having fun and learning a lil hands on work :D

damn dude that'll get loud as long as its a good seal from the trunk. thanks man it was pretty easy to do

1997 Pontiac Bonneville Black on Black on Black

15" DC Sound Labs Level 5 w/ quad coil in a T-Line tuned to 35 hz

7" Jensen VM9311TS Touch Screen Flip Out w/ J-Link

Blue Custom Trim

Blue Custom Fiberglass Rear Speaker Pods

Autotek Mean Machine MM2000.1

1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

Rockford Fosgate Twisted RCA's

2 Audiopipe Anl fuse holders w/ 200A Kicker fuses

2nd battery (Soon to be an Odyssey D3100)

Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack

Custom False Floor

15% Tint All Around

Custom Painted Stock Rims

My Build Log

Tailights

15" Lvl 5 DC T-Line Build

well got some time to mess around some, took a couple of just random pics so dont mind ha

sub through the back seat

Posted Image

Posted Image

and dont worry.. the suround is a good 5' from anything :D

Posted Image

and stripped the trunk somewhat

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and started laying some deadner...lowes :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and tossed(yeah right lol) the sub back in..was gettin to be dinner time and was STARVIN lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and the "feet" that are on the bottom sides are just to keep the sub off the tire and you can see a bit of the prob with this trunk, not huge but is a bummer lol. im gonna make a frame on the floor around the spare tire tub that the box will sit on, will be about as high as the "feet" and will go around to the "hump" near the rear seat are in the middle. ill have a false floor peice that will fit over, in between the seat and sub(sub will be facing into the car). then ill get the trunk all flushed up like the original plan. im still gonna put more deadner in for sure. never realized how much a car sounds like a tim can with nothing at all on/over it lol. vids cant even justify really lol....... oh yeah one ore thing

Posted Image

thanks Rusty, you thee man mang :D ...the bird pood when i was inside n changing batts in the cam ftl..but i have one more to put on yet

ballin...looking good mang :good:

thanks mang :D . well i got sun burned pretty good(yeah northern MN has some heat too lol) and hit the store. picked up a sheet of 3/4 plywood for the trunk. figured it will work just fine for the floor and the rest of what im doing. figured id have to make a few pieces and assemble it while its in the trunk.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

its all just cut and since my girl has the car with her at work for the day ill be starting to mock it up in my basement. once again my goal is to fit the sub and everything, it needs to be clean(as clean as i can get ha) ill need to be able to pull the spare without takin the sub out(working on figuring out some 60/40 fold down rear seat back) and fit my lil girls stroller whilethe sub is pretty much sealed off form the trunk. i know it wont be completly sealed but i got a few ideas. ill be posting more soon. its been warm and DRY enough out to do some stuff lol. one thing i still need to decide on is how to atatch this frame/floor to the car itself. it dosnt need to be really on there just dont want anythin to be sliding around. any suggestions are welcome but no biggie ill get it to stick/stay for sheezy :D

got some more done but when my and my lil man went down to the base ment he dropped the cam so im having a tough time gettin all the pics off it now.. but got a few to put up for now lol. i made some side pieces that the box will slide between. the highest points on the sides is how tall the box is. ill have to make that top peice yet to seal off the top too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

started sealing with some great stuff

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and this was the box slid into the frame, its helping to hold it all where it needs to be til the foam is dryed and all that

Posted Image

Posted Image

thats all the pics i could get off the ca but i have more too lol. i have some from when i mocked up all the pieces inside and as it sits now. i put the sub in(needed some beats) and waiting on more funds for carpeting, wire and ill be posting more as soon as i can get a cam goin lol. ill be doing some work for sure cuz the show must go on right lol? let me know whatca think, my first system that im building, not buying(no offense). shits fun as hell :D not sure if im to that level yet or on the right path but am thinking about doing some competing next year too

diggin the build man!....i dont know if you said it before, but did you find it hit harder with the box turned around?...and Im really likin the side pieces with foam behind em for cosmetic...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

diggin the build man!....i dont know if you said it before, but did you find it hit harder with the box turned around?...and Im really likin the side pieces with foam behind em for cosmetic...

thansk man, yeah i tried the sub facing back,then forward when i had my 12" MTX 7500 and it didnt do much facing in/forward so i kinda decided off that that i liked it best when it was facing back.....however this 15 DC is a dif story lol. i think it sounds great facing in/forward compared to facing back. its clean and sounds great. trunk is starting to quiet down too the more i get done :D

Archived