calvin_115 Posted July 16, 2009 Report Posted July 16, 2009 I think I'll be getting one pretty soon since it's so freakin' cheap! What size enclosure would be good and what should the frequency be tuned to? People say that the HDC3's should be tuned to around 38hz and no lower than that. Can I tune lower with the SDC2.5 like around 32hz and can someone tell me why the HDC3 isn't recommended to be put in a lower tuned enclosure? Btw I will be only giving it true 500 watts rms and please don't ask me why. Not trying to be rude but I just don't want to explain Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3 Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D
Basshead08 Posted July 16, 2009 Report Posted July 16, 2009 According to Dj (aq owner) They can take up to 800 watts safely. 500 watts should get it going though. As far as I know the sd's can be tuned to around 35. Don't know why thats just what dj recommends. System tear out has begun...Out with the old i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme
DJL Posted July 16, 2009 Report Posted July 16, 2009 I think I'll be getting one pretty soon since it's so freakin' cheap! What size enclosure would be good and what should the frequency be tuned to? People say that the HDC3's should be tuned to around 38hz and no lower than that. Can I tune lower with the SDC2.5 like around 32hz and can someone tell me why the HDC3 isn't recommended to be put in a lower tuned enclosure? Btw I will be only giving it true 500 watts rms and please don't ask me why. Not trying to be rude but I just don't want to explain The SDC2.515 will do fine on 500 watts. The 15 likes 3.0-4.5 net cubes with 4.0 being ideal. Tune 36-38hz for daily and 40-45 for spl. If you like rap tune to 36hz. The sub has multiple spiders and will play considerably below box tuning. If you tune too low you lose upper bass extension and don't gain any more low end. 36hz will hammer the lows. The same tuning works well with the HDC series. Use 14-16 sq" of port opening area per net cubic foot of box volume
Nightshade Posted July 16, 2009 Report Posted July 16, 2009 My opinion for this sub would be 4 cubes after displacement with 3 4" aeroports full length of 18". That will tune the enclosure to 35-36hz and should work very well for this driver since it's a bit lower rms sub than the Audio Que big woofers. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
calvin_115 Posted July 16, 2009 Author Report Posted July 16, 2009 The SDC2.515 will do fine on 500 watts. The 15 likes 3.0-4.5 net cubes with 4.0 being ideal. Tune 36-38hz for daily and 40-45 for spl. If you like rap tune to 36hz. The sub has multiple spiders and will play considerably below box tuning. If you tune too low you lose upper bass extension and don't gain any more low end. 36hz will hammer the lows. The same tuning works well with the HDC series. Use 14-16 sq" of port opening area per net cubic foot of box volume Alright I think I'll be building a 4.0 - 4.2 cu/ft enclosure tuned to 36hz then. Thanks Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3 Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D
Speedy2222 Posted July 4, 2010 Report Posted July 4, 2010 sorry to bump an older thread but i am basically in the same situation as this guy and really need some help. I'll be 4.0cu before displacement and am looking to run 1 6" pvc aeroport. I am trying to figure out how long this port needs to be. I have used different methods to try and calculate it and I usually come up with 11.25 length. does this sound right? same sub, on 1000 rms looking for the 36hz tuning
steven Posted July 6, 2010 Report Posted July 6, 2010 I just put 2 of the sd 15s on 1 aq 1200 in about 4.5 cubes per chamber tuned to 37 hz and it sounds awesome.
Speedy2222 Posted July 19, 2010 Report Posted July 19, 2010 wound up going 3.5 cu @ 34 hz with a square port. sounds great and did a 142.2 on a TL.. could of gotten more but at 34hz with some pretty serious voltage issues i was being held back.
UniqueSounds Posted July 21, 2010 Report Posted July 21, 2010 Idk why it says to tune it around 38hz...I got my hdc3 15 tunned to 32hz and it kicks ass! but i will try tunning higher and see what happens.. 1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab Pioneer DEH-3200UB Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door AudioQue HDC3 15" ^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)
steven Posted July 21, 2010 Report Posted July 21, 2010 Idk why it says to tune it around 38hz...I got my hdc3 15 tunned to 32hz and it kicks ass! but i will try tunning higher and see what happens.. That vid was like fucking a hot girl on meth it was too fast and to much moving around for me.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.