Sonic Electronix

Research to prove that bass is not as bad for your hearing as high frequencies?

When I play my music "loud," the only thing really loud is the bass. Isn't it true that bass is not as bad in terms of hearing damage as mid and high frequencies? I'd like to find some kind of chart or diagram that I can show my parents to prove this... Thanks.

if the bass is the only thing that's loud when you play your music loud, I suggest you step your mids/highs game up son!

Seriously though, Meade has said as much but I haven't seen any documentation to support that. Post if up if you find something, would be good info to have here.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

if the bass is the only thing that's loud when you play your music loud, I suggest you step your mids/highs game up son!

Seriously though, Meade has said as much but I haven't seen any documentation to support that. Post if up if you find something, would be good info to have here.

High Frequncies is what makes u go death, Low Frequencies will just make ur ears ring.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

High Frequncies is what makes u go death, Low Frequencies will just make ur ears ring.

death? i hope not!

I have yet to have my ears ring from bass and I've sat in the asstro, and Beajays cavi with 4 LVL 5's walled... maybe im weird? lol

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

makes you go death huh? apparently they make you illiterate too

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Distorted/clipped sound and highs make my ears ring. Pure bass, nah. I've sat around tweaking an SPL car for like 2 hours and didn't get a thing.

Pretty much this.

I've had my head in Pete Sonntag's port and he's pulling High 50's on music.

I seem to have developed a High Tolerance for bass.

Nothing seems to hurt my ears anymore, not even Mick's van. :search:

when my dad and i where over at Steve's house we had about a 20 minute conversation about this. i agree with what steve seed. bottom line highs will hurt your ears alot easer then bass. My personal experience with testing in my room is the highs hurt my ears alot easer then the bass does.

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

when my dad and i where over at Steve's house we had about a 20 minute conversation about this. i agree with what steve seed. bottom line highs will hurt your ears alot easer then bass. My personal experience with testing in my room is the highs hurt my ears alot easer then the bass does.

Like Steve said on LuvChat.

A rock concert will fuck your ears up more than the Hoopty.

And I made a Sig! :D

Just make your ears ring? please do not post unless you at the very least have a general idea of what you are talking about. Do some research, look up tinnitus, exposing yourself to sound levels that high is bad for your hearing, sure it wont hurt your ears as bad as a rock concert but it will still damage your hearing.

Too Much Stuff to list .

Archived