upgrade battery or alt first?

hello folks i have a few questions about upgrading my electrical system. first off right now i have a red top battery in front and a batcap 800 in the back. i am running a us amps 400(1200watts) and an esx 404(100x4) right now it sounds pretty darn good, but my alt is only about 70amps. i want to buy a kinetik 2000 or a 2400 for the front. but i also want to upgrade my alt. the stock alt upgrade will be to about 150-170amp range. which is the best bet to do first since both alt and battery are going to be about the same cost. any suggestions?

hello folks i have a few questions about upgrading my electrical system. first off right now i have a red top battery in front and a batcap 800 in the back. i am running a us amps 400(1200watts) and an esx 404(100x4) right now it sounds pretty darn good, but my alt is only about 70amps. i want to buy a kinetik 2000 or a 2400 for the front. but i also want to upgrade my alt. the stock alt upgrade will be to about 150-170amp range. which is the best bet to do first since both alt and battery are going to be about the same cost. any suggestions?

if you have the money, always get a alternator first!!!

Your stock alternator will only make so much power, in your case 70 amps.

It takes ruffly 10 amps to charge a battery, so 2 batteries would take 20 amps of alternator power to keep them maintained while not beating your beats, leaving you with a messily 50 amps to run your headlights, heat/ac, fuel pump, injectors, engine computer, wipers, and any other electrical item on your car that you may need to use.

Adding a 2nd battery most likely wont stop any dimming in the lights since your not making enough power to produce power.

Id reccomend Mechman or dc power alternators.

alt first as said previous you gotta make it before you can store it

i love my dcpower alt

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

Archived