80 Amp Alternator

Ok so I don't think my amp is getting 80 amps. period. and i don't know why. i turn everything off....A/C...other accessories....all other amps except bass, lights etc....then i idle at 3000 rpm. but i still feel like that amp is starving. so i say ok maybe the battery is depleted and i hook my 20 amp charger to it only to find out that it's fully charged 100%...is the amp even touching the battery in the back? lol what could be causing this? at night my lights dim...

here's my setup:

Regular starter batter upfront....4 Guage power and ground (i know...a lil small) going to an optima bluetop in back. 4g ground to chasis.

power acoustik 3000db connected directly to battery and wired @ 2ohms (1600W rms)

2 12s (you guys will kill me when you find out they're mixed/matched subs)...one mtx 8500 (500W 4ohm) and audiopipe 800W. separate boxes

A soundstream Bx-10 in the back

Big three done with knuconceptz 1/0

80 amp alt in a grand vitara...daytime running lights disabled (lol...trying to get as much juice as i can)

i think an 80 amp alt should be able to at least a grand no problem...i don't feel like im hearing a grand worth of music before the distortion kicks in

Ok so I don't think my amp is getting 80 amps. period. and i don't know why. i turn everything off....A/C...other accessories....all other amps except bass, lights etc....then i idle at 3000 rpm. but i still feel like that amp is starving. so i say ok maybe the battery is depleted and i hook my 20 amp charger to it only to find out that it's fully charged 100%...is the amp even touching the battery in the back? lol what could be causing this? at night my lights dim...

here's my setup:

Regular starter batter upfront....4 Guage power and ground (i know...a lil small) going to an optima bluetop in back. 4g ground to chasis.

power acoustik 3000db connected directly to battery and wired @ 2ohms (1600W rms)

2 12s (you guys will kill me when you find out they're mixed/matched subs)...one mtx 8500 (500W 4ohm) and audiopipe 800W. separate boxes

A soundstream Bx-10 in the back

Big three done with knuconceptz 1/0

80 amp alt in a grand vitara...daytime running lights disabled (lol...trying to get as much juice as i can)

i think an 80 amp alt should be able to at least a grand no problem...i don't feel like im hearing a grand worth of music before the distortion kicks in

man you have a lot of factors that could be the reason to why your sub stage is sounding like it is. could be cancellation, 4 gauge run to a PA3000db, crappy ground/power connections, your EQ settings, and maybe more.

did you start noticing it now or has it always been like this?

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper

Archived