Higher Amp Alts Vs Higher Idle Amp Alts

So I'm trying to figure out what all i need for a real power system. I'm thinking dual 240 amp Iraggi Amutators putting at 175 amps at idle would be better than the 300's doing 100 amps at idle? I'm really considering 2 kicker 2500.2's and 2 audioque hd318's when they come out and am also wondering if I can get away with just a kinetik 2400 battery in the front and back. It's a 2007 tahoe so after 2 18's I want to keep some cargo room but don't want to skimp on the juice. Also would 2 runs of 1/0 be alright from battery to battery?

Edit: So after some more reading and crap I discovered that I should prolly have 3 of the batteries. Under my hood I can house 2 most likely so maybe I can get away with 3 of the HC2000's ?

DOWNLOADing music is awesome, before i use to walk into a record store and have to shop lift it from the shelfs.. Now i just download it.. saves gas, saves time, and saves me the trip to the jail.

i would take the higher voltage at idle. and yeah, youd be fine wit 3 of those batts.

any reason why you want the audioques?

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

i would take the higher voltage at idle. and yeah, youd be fine wit 3 of those batts.

any reason why you want the audioques?

I've been dying to try some DD's but I keep hearing the hd3 is basicly a 9500 series without all the fancy cooling. That and i hear they're really loud and clear.

DOWNLOADing music is awesome, before i use to walk into a record store and have to shop lift it from the shelfs.. Now i just download it.. saves gas, saves time, and saves me the trip to the jail.

I've been dying to try some DD's but I keep hearing the hd3 is basicly a 9500 series without all the fancy cooling. That and i hear they're really loud and clear.

hd3s are bang for the buck. takes awhile to loosen them up but when they do, they're efficient as hell. they get nasty loud as little as 600watts.

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper

What are the Audioque subs compared to besides the DDs? I haven't heard of them until I joined this forum.

BlockShaker's Competition Page and Build-Up Pics

MY SET UP:

Eclipse CD5435 CD/MP3 Player

Alpine DVE-5207 DVD Player

Alpine PKG-1000 10.2" Monitor

Alpine TUE-T151 TV Tuner

Boyo Back Up Camera

Alpine ERA-G320 EQ

Apple Mini Ipod

Scosche RF Wireless Remote for Ipod

Stinger Volt Meter

Audiocontrol MVC

Precision Power PCX-2400

Precision Power PCX-4125

MB Quart Premium PCE-215 (2 Sets)

MB Quart Premium 6 1/2" Mid-Bass

JL Audio 15W0-8 (8)

Stinger Battery Power2 SP1000 (2)

Stinger Fuse Blocks, Holders and Distribution

Alumapro 15 Farad Cap

Stinger 200Amp Relay

100 Blue LEDs (Headliner and Amp Rack)

Stinger Hyper RCAs

Stinger Wiring- 1/0 GA, 4 GA, 8 GA, 10 GA, 12 GA and 14 GA

5 Blue LED Toggle Switches

all i know is they are an inexpesvie sub that gets loud. i guess you could compare em to those q powers a little, but the q powers arent quite as good.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Archived