Second Skin Audio

Audioque sdc2.5 vs. Fi ssd?

Ok first I don't want this to turn into a brand bashing, or this brand is better then that brand thread, so please don't take it there!

I'm going to start a build soon in my '88 civic hatch, it will be a wall with (4) 12's or maybe 15's ran by an audioque aq3500d at 1/2 ohm. I'm debating between running the aq sdc2.5's or fi ssd's. At 1/2 ohm the amp should make well over 4000 watts, but with impedance rise and voltage drop I'm guessing it will be close to it's 1 ohm rated power of 3500 watts, or 875 per woofer.

So my question is which woofer do you think will have the most output with that power, and be reliable for daily beating? The ssd's are rated for a little more power then the sdc2.5's, but are also a little more expensive.

Thanks in advance for any input

'05 escalade - now for sale :(

'96 civic hatch - 4 Sundown SA-8's on an Aq2200d

TL numbers coming soon

'00 suburban - 4 AQ sdc2.5 15's on 2 Aq2200d's

153.1db @ 40hz / 150+db on music

now retired

i prefer the ssd over the sdc line. just prefer the sound of the ssd myself.

thanks, have you personaly heard both? I've never heard either in person so I'm kind of blind here :unsure: :unsure:

'05 escalade - now for sale :(

'96 civic hatch - 4 Sundown SA-8's on an Aq2200d

TL numbers coming soon

'00 suburban - 4 AQ sdc2.5 15's on 2 Aq2200d's

153.1db @ 40hz / 150+db on music

now retired

im very interested in this topic also i am trying to make a similar decision except with a dc lvl3 involved also, i want to hear what people have to say

2000 Nissan Xterra

-Infinity 6020cs components

-Infinity 692.7 6x9s

-DC LVL 4 12

-AQ1200

-Pioneer DEHP860MP H/U

-4 channel amp for mids and highs??? I need some suggestions

SMD Forum Rules

Hey Welcome to The Forums.

We understand that people like differrent things (differrent strokes for differrent folks), but that doesnt mean you can just post whatever you want whenever you want, some of it is getting really old.

We Are going to be Policing The Forum Rather Strictly on certian Subjects, so to help you I am going to Build a list of things That We find to be Questionable Content.

Sexual Content

Political Content/Discussions (Keep it in the political area)

Drug Content

Illegal Activities

Nudity

Member Bashing/ Website Bashing

No What Would Be Louder Topics (we dont know no one does unless they build it and test it)

Racism/ Racial Slurs

lying, you dont have to lie to kick it ( its a bannable offense)

Im sure more will be added as we go along

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites