same eqip. different conf..

I know the stetsom won't run when wired at 1/2 ohm nom.. so I say impediance rise is not very high, I'am going to clamp it soon to see what it really is.

The amp is at 106 volt ac, no clip,

my rf t4kw wasnt supposed to be wired at .5ohm either but i did it.. rose to 3.5ohm.. jus test wat all ur power is and all that

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Box design is exactly what you need to gain some spl. But if you're looking for easy peak gain in spl for a competition make your sub wiring so you can easily wire amp at .5ohms not for music but for a "burp" of your peak frequency. If it protects when you unpause the radio full tilt then trying rolling volume. If you have an alpine radio there is a feature in the radio that does this for you automatically. If you don't have that option go buy a Soundgate LC-1 which is a in line volume nob and run that in line of your rca to the amp and you can manually roll volume.

Going from 2ohm to .5ohms for speak spl on a 7k2d is probably over 2db gain. But if this is just for music then you need to build a louder box. Listen to nightshade.

Box design is exactly what you need to gain some spl. But if you're looking for easy peak gain in spl for a competition make your sub wiring so you can easily wire amp at .5ohms not for music but for a "burp" of your peak frequency. If it protects when you unpause the radio full tilt then trying rolling volume. If you have an alpine radio there is a feature in the radio that does this for you automatically. If you don't have that option go buy a Soundgate LC-1 which is a in line volume nob and run that in line of your rca to the amp and you can manually roll volume.

Going from 2ohm to .5ohms for speak spl on a 7k2d is probably over 2db gain. But if this is just for music then you need to build a louder box. Listen to nightshade.

DT == I did that, I have a Audio control 3.1, with a master volume. I have to roll it up nice and easy, I get 1 more DB before going into protect.

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

man i would really consider another sub the mx is an awesome sq sub but if you are chasing #s it is the wrong choice my mx 18 sounded great but no matter what box i tried i could not bust a 150 so i tried another sub and jumped from 149 to 152

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

I think that you can make the MX subs loud, but you may want to take some of the advice by Oldschool and maybe try another woofer. I don't think that it would be that hard to sell even 2 of them so you could try another type of sub. I'd honestly say that you have enough height for a pair of 15's in the truck. I would bet that a more spl oriented woofer in a 15 would work better for you.

1. You would have the space for some aeroports. Preferably a custom 10.5" flared aeroport in around a 7-7.5 cube box for daily but still able to to numbers.

2. Cone area is going to be a little less but only by about 100sqin and can be made up in the proper size box with the proper amount of port area.

3. Wiring options, do you have the Stetsom that will run at 1 ohm for daily? If so dual 1's would be your best choice. If not then obviously dual 2's will have to do for a 2 ohm load.

One question is could you fit 2 15's butted up right against one another loaded on the passenger side of the truck with the big flared port loaded right up against the subs on the drivers side of the truck? It would need to be about 43" wide. If not you could just go with a custom 9.5" port that would still work out very well. It may also work to just run one sub on the drivers side and one on the passenger side with the flared port right in the middle of the two. It would look better this way, but might not be as loud on the term lab.

I think that with the power that you have a pair of Nightshades would do the trick. If you sold only two of the MX's you should be able to even pick up a pair of used Nightshades to try out and if anything happens to them you can recone them so they'll be just like new.

I'm not just trying to sell you on going with different woofers too, but in this case your trying to cram 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag and it's affecting your spl dramatically. Give it some thought about doing 2 15's, and in the mean time I'd plan for 3 12's at most if you want to stick with what you've got.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Nightshade, untill I can sell them. can you help me with a box.

If so I'am looking to use 3 12's that will put me at 1.33ohms.

starting from the passenger side, with the port on the driver side. There are no aero ports here, so I will have to make one, so if you think on big one 8" is better than multiplies, just a standard pvc size that I can heat and flare.

Oldschool, I read your build log after I had my subs ordered.. congrats on your switch and bump up in DB's, sweet for a trunk car..

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's