Second Skin Audio

i already got some input but i want more on the box

6th order or bandpass???  

9 members have voted

1. 1. 6th order or bandpass i need help

• 6th order
    • bandpass

the one thing is that idk if the aero ports will clear... what degree angle did u use or did u just through it together to just clear the magnets?

The angle was very dependent on the mag clearing the top of the box. Any wider / deeper of a Mag, and I wouldn't of had enough tilt to get the angle I needed.

im looking through your build now but i cant find what im looking for, so im gonna ask. is there mirrors on the bottom top and sides of the inside of the box?

The ported box just has mirror on the bottom. The BP has them on the sides. No need for the top cause when you are outside of the cab it's just enough mirror to let you see the subs

so melissa or kingsuv what do u think sealed rear or ported?

also what do u have the DCs box tuned to, i hurd the backs around 30Hz but didnt hear anything on the port in to the cab

The top end rolls off about 70hz, I have it cut off on the processor killing it at 63hz The low end as it is now rolls off in the low 40's When I shrink up the port it will lower the tuning. The plan is to shrink it up a tad more when I put it back in again.

Edited by kingsuv

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

so does it do 150+ like 30-50hz?

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

It's over a 50 on 2k in power (outlaw) and is very musical.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

It's over a 50 on 2k in power (outlaw) and is very musical.

so what do u think i sould do, bandpass. or 6th

I can't stop building!!!

My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

okay as it was stated before bro both a 4th and 6th order are bandpasses just different types and what are you trying to do meter well or play music well? a 6th order will have a wide range for a peak where as a 4th will peak at one frequency and most of the times bandpasses are trial and error

Roseville, CA

Links to the mentioned build? I'd like to see it besause I've always wanted 18's but didn't think I could do them in a blowthrough.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Thanks man and by the way I love your box with the completely fiberglassed back and bottom. You are a patient man.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

okay as it was stated before bro both a 4th and 6th order are bandpasses just different types and what are you trying to do meter well or play music well? a 6th order will have a wide range for a peak where as a 4th will peak at one frequency and most of the times bandpasses are trial and error

more music then anything.

I can't stop building!!!

My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me