Sonic Electronix

actually, i might be able to pull off a hairtrick with my sealed box.. which is sad because my 8 cube 32hz tuned box couldnt move as much air as this.. lol But its always good to test stuff :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Your right, it never hurts to try. I think ill build the ported box first, and if i dont like it, then ill go with a sealed setup. I got some cool ideas runnin thru my head for looks of the box. Hopefully it will include plexiglass and leds.

2000 White Ford Ranger

5" RCD lift

33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZs on 16x8 Mickey Thompson Classic 2s

Euro Altezza tail lights

5% window tint

Clarion Indash

4 Q Power 15s

1 Sundown 2000

1 DC power 300 amp alt(on the way)-soon to be 2

2 powermaster d925s batteries

Second Skin Deadener

Highs/mids amp-Crossfire 404

Door speakers-2 5x7 mb quarts and 1 5 1/4" black max up front, stock 5x7s in the rear

Soon to Come:

Lots of SA-8s

2 Sundown saz 3500s(possible 4500s)

5-7 d3100 batteries

custom clamshell

BNC 8s for mids

undecided tweeters

teamnemesissundown.jpg

33 is what my box is tuned at and i still get the low lows.

Edited by mccanng

2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way

Component System

Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

refs: DC_Power_Kyle

4 cubes for 2 15's? Maybe if you're giving them, hmmm, 4 times their RMS power?

4 cubes EACH and you might start hitting the lows properly.

I done a 7 cubic ft wall in my ranger for these 2 15s and they are louder in my current box that is 2.5 cubic ft per chamber. I looked up the specs of these subs, and cerwin vega says 2 cubes for each. I did a 141 with a wall and a 144.9 with a 6 cubic ft box and i havent metered my current box but it moves more air than the past 2 boxes.

2000 White Ford Ranger

5" RCD lift

33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZs on 16x8 Mickey Thompson Classic 2s

Euro Altezza tail lights

5% window tint

Clarion Indash

4 Q Power 15s

1 Sundown 2000

1 DC power 300 amp alt(on the way)-soon to be 2

2 powermaster d925s batteries

Second Skin Deadener

Highs/mids amp-Crossfire 404

Door speakers-2 5x7 mb quarts and 1 5 1/4" black max up front, stock 5x7s in the rear

Soon to Come:

Lots of SA-8s

2 Sundown saz 3500s(possible 4500s)

5-7 d3100 batteries

custom clamshell

BNC 8s for mids

undecided tweeters

teamnemesissundown.jpg

im also talking about a sealed box, but i have a hatchback, so yeah i can prob pull off a hairtrick, granted it wont be the best one, but its a start.. now if i hung out with white chicks it would make it easier

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

imo box tuning and size is key.

i used to be tuned at 38hz and then dropped it to 33hz and it was crazy lower!

i can imagine though that when u have an eighteen or even two or more that itll hit the lows either way

'99 Civic hatch

18" AA Chaos - 7cuft @ 34hz - 114sq in. port

Mac Audio Fearless ~ 1000wrms @ 2 Ohms

Videos:

Youtube

When I first designed and built the box for my two 12"s, the manufacturer recommended an enclosure (for the pair) of 3 cubes, and a tuning of 30hz. It hit rediculous lows.... I mean like below the human hearing range, on the lowest notes of a techno bass track......

However, I felt like it was missing a little bit of the more "normal" musical bass (bass guitars, drums, etc). So, I opened it up, took up about .2 cubes (with chunks of glued down 2 x 4) and shortened the port by a few inches, to raise my tuning to about 32-33 hz.

That move seemed to cost me about 25% on those "very few" stupid low notes...... but it made a big improvement with 99% of the other stuff I play with them. Tighter, more audible "normal" bass.

Was it worth it ? In my case, totally.

I think when / if I ever built another tuned orted enclosure, I will shoot for 32-33'ish.......

But what I really want to do, is to build a t-line that hits flat as $#!+ from 20hz to 80hz. My mid-bas drivers can take it from there ;-)

Peace,

Fish