so i changed my oil today and my ass put 10w 40 in my car :01nocomment8so: ... about an hour after the oil change, i decide to check what kind i shoulda put...5w 30... what if i go change my oil to 5w 30? could i use the same oil filter from todays change???

• 3 weeks later...

the 10w40 is fine.. it wont hurt anything...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Id also say just leave the oil in. But definitely there is no need to change the filter even if you do waste the money to change the oil again. the oil will mix as it goes through the filter, the little bit left in there won't make any difference in the other oil etc

I would change it cause I have OCD when it comes to stuff like that but you should be fine.

Im the same as you! When the slightest thing is wrong with my tahoe, I try to repair it 150% Example: Last month while I was changing its oil, and cleaning under the hood, I looked at the area where the heads meet the intake manifold, and it was HORRIBLY dirty. Long story short, and 5 hours later (At least) I took off the intire top end of the motor, replaced intake gaskets, and cleaned everything off, and soaked the manifold in parts cleaner to get all the oil build up out from the inside, and it was FILTHY!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Im the same as you! When the slightest thing is wrong with my tahoe, I try to repair it 150% Example: Last month while I was changing its oil, and cleaning under the hood, I looked at the area where the heads meet the intake manifold, and it was HORRIBLY dirty. Long story short, and 5 hours later (At least) I took off the intire top end of the motor, replaced intake gaskets, and cleaned everything off, and soaked the manifold in parts cleaner to get all the oil build up out from the inside, and it was FILTHY!

can you look at my engine? :D