Second Skin Audio

How Should I Seal My Enclosure?

ok i bought my enclosure from Team Toxic Bass and its getting around time for me to hook everything up and put everything in the car. they told me i need to caulk and seal my sides of the enclosure down. this is my box btw for 2 12in fi ssds

img150.jpg

img152.jpg

img153.jpg

that peice on the floor to the left on the last picture is suppose to seal the sides of the box so you cant see the sub. TTB told me i need to caulk and seal it but im thinking thats going to be a bad idea... if i ever need to take the subs out then im just out of luck cause ill have to ruin the box to open it. i was wondering if there is another way to seal that lid down without gluing it so i can show the sub to people/ incase something goes wrong or i want to remove the sub i can without destroying the box. i was thinking maybe doing latches on the sides of the box to tightly latch down the lid... would this be a good idea? i need some input on this.

latches wouldnt make it airtight. i would just use some sort of rubber seal and just screw the piece on there.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

either some foam double sided tape or just some weather stripping should seal it up fine.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

let us know how it works. it should be fine.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

no i want the amp/battery to be hidden so all you see is a clean box with hidden subs lol people will stare at it like wtf is that? then boom im hoping itll get loud but i plan on hiding them behind the box

Edited by Amalan