BIG update 5/04, buick rendezvous 1st "pretty" build

Uh oh! That should be interesting! LOL!

lol yes, failure or success, it will be interesting. im thinking of my car now as a small scale experiment. hopefully ill know something in time for full scale.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i did a couple hours work on them each night for about 5 days. i wasnt in any hurry but they were pretty damn easy. i painted extra resin on the outside to help seal any pinholes and put body filler inside the pod to help hold the baffle, seal pinholes, and give a little extra strength. the texture from the body filler should also help eliminate the back wave because i didnt make it smooth.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

• 2 weeks later...

P1030579.jpg

P1030580.jpg

i tore the spiders on one of the subs the other day. so i reconed them last night with 4 spiders instead of 3. put the box back to 5 cubes.

and what does an XL coil look like after months and months of 3x rated power? like new. and these are before the vented formers.

P1030587.jpg

P1030586.jpg

P1030581.jpg

P1030582.jpg

P1030583.jpg

P1030590.jpg

P1030588.jpg

• 1 month later...

thanks guys. new pods are doing great and getting me some killer scores in MECA SQ. If you have meca in your area its definitely worth checking out. SQ is a whole other animal and it'll make you enjoy your music even more.

Pods look good. Did you wrap em or just paint them? I made some pods (1st time fiberglass project for me) and Im at the point of either paintn or wrapn em. Painting is more expensive n i got some vinyl n contact cement so im pry goin that route. Anyway their not perfect but I dont wana fuck em up. Itd be cool to get em wrapd by someone who knows what theyre doin for a decent price. And were both in lincoln! :drinks: EDIT - or atleast I thought you were in lincoln, Cali now... Fuck im on my own!

Rebuild in progress...

Pods look good. Did you wrap em or just paint them? I made some pods (1st time fiberglass project for me) and Im at the point of either paintn or wrapn em. Painting is more expensive n i got some vinyl n contact cement so im pry goin that route. Anyway their not perfect but I dont wana fuck em up. Itd be cool to get em wrapd by someone who knows what theyre doin for a decent price. And were both in lincoln! :drinks: EDIT - or atleast I thought you were in lincoln, Cali now... Fuck im on my own!

ya, i moved back to cali. trying to get into lincoln but i need to find a job out there. feel free to PM me if you need any help with it. I'll be in lincoln for spring break if they are not done by then lol.

Mine are wrapped. I don't really think the smooth painted look works in my car. just pull, pull, pull. once you get down how to pull the fabric you will figure out the rest.

Archived