Sundown Audio

cooling fans

yes i am looking at the db rating. one of the 5" fans does 90cfm at 19db.

ok so anything above 40cfm should be great. thats all i needed to know. thanks a lot chevy!!!

90cfm at 19db, ain't gonna happen, only if they measure from 1 meter distance with no pressure on the fan, if it really moves 90cfm, you will hear a lot of air flowing thru the fan.

Around 70cfm is good enough.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

well either way i want 2.5" fans and not 5". i found one thatll do 54cfm but is 34db. another does 21cfm at 28db. would it be stupid to put one of each in each amp rack to cut down on noise and still get 70+cfm in each rack?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ok im a noob and cant figure this out. why does it matter what fan you put? like the db and all that

Edited by 99vic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/stingers...CFRFMagodJA9Fcw

i had these a while back ago on my amp. but never kney they had to be a certain type

/Rant

the db rating is just how loud they will be. since ill have 4 of them i want each fan to be as quiet as possible. now the CFM rating will effect how well the fans cool my amp. its like, if its 90* and you have your ceiling fan on the lowest setting, it wont do much. but if you get that bitch to blow a lot of air, itll cool you down a lot better. now when we go to an amp rack, i have no idea how much CFM is needed to cool the amp. hell i dont even know if 30cfm is a lot or almost nothing.

now i could just go with the highest CFM rated fan i can find but they are louder. so if i can get away with less air movement and have silent fans ill be that much more happy.

i have been looking at those fans but i think i can get a better one. how many did you have? could you hear them?

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

ah i see makes sense now thanks. when i had the little ones i had 2 in 2 out and really couldnt hear them. the big one, i had one blowing on the side the power and ground were on. and unless the music was off and nobody was talking it couldnt be heard either..i still have the big one sitting here. i can hook it up and try and get a vid of how loud it is. i have to hook up my amp and sub to show a guy on craigslist my stuff works anyway.

dont get me wrong they arent 100% silent but they aren't annoyingly loud

Edited by 99vic

/Rant

sounds great man. post it up for me. this is great info.

well either way i want 2.5" fans and not 5". i found one thatll do 54cfm but is 34db. another does 21cfm at 28db. would it be stupid to put one of each in each amp rack to cut down on noise and still get 70+cfm in each rack?

Hey Skittles since you like the option of the 2.5” fans you can always start with two of the 21 cfm at first then replace to the larger cfm later if needed. One of the problems I see looking at your build thread is if you can get that much cfm to flow around you amp with the clearance you have in your amp rack. When the amps are mounted to the top section will that allow some clearnance on the bottom (or top) of the amp for more airflow? Also have to make sure your supply air pathway will match your exhaust cfm rating. Looking forward to hearing this one at one of the upcoming shows.

Hey Skittles since you like the option of the 2.5” fans you can always start with two of the 21 cfm at first then replace to the larger cfm later if needed. One of the problems I see looking at your build thread is if you can get that much cfm to flow around you amp with the clearance you have in your amp rack. When the amps are mounted to the top section will that allow some clearnance on the bottom (or top) of the amp for more airflow? Also have to make sure your supply air pathway will match your exhaust cfm rating. Looking forward to hearing this one at one of the upcoming shows.

i think that is the plan at this point. start small and stick a thermometer in the rack. get some b4 and after temp. numbers. i do have more room under the amp now. i wanted to keep it tight to increase air volocity around the amp. i have about 1/2" all around the amp, exept the top obviously. so maybe the smaller fans will be more efficient than i think.

were you at the show this weekend? whats that next one your going to?