Sonic Electronix

The Need-to-Know Basics for Building a Box?

Curiously Mikal, how much umph are you looking for? Do you have a large price range and want to destroy your car? Do you want an average daily system? Or do you jsut want a little sub to put a bit of bass in your music?

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Thanks a bunch.

Curiously Mikal, how much umph are you looking for? Do you have a large price range and want to destroy your car? Do you want an average daily system? Or do you jsut want a little sub to put a bit of bass in your music?

Daily driver.

Something that isn't going tear my car apart, but still be able to turn heads.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Daily driver.

Something that isn't going tear my car apart, but still be able to turn heads.

How much space do you have to work with? What kind of car do you have?

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

whats your budget I suggest 2 sealed 15's they have the easiest learning curve and still get loud and low

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Some guys here could write book(s) on that. There's so much to box building.

the12volt.com Enclosure Calculators: a group of good calculators, IMO not as handy as the RE calculator below though.

RE Enclosure Calculator: Really good for building your first box, does most of the math for you, depending on your sub and space allowance how big you build the box.

Good Post of Audio Stuff: kinda off topic but a source of good reading material for car audio.

I'm sure alot of other guys could tell you lots more. Use MDF not plywood!

How much space do you have to work with? What kind of car do you have?

Technically no car yet. Getting together all the idea and such so I can to get to work now.

But, I'm getting an '03 Blazer 4 door. I can't remember how much space was in it, but someone gave me measurements in another thread

whats your budget I suggest 2 sealed 15's they have the easiest learning curve and still get loud and low

Budget, I don't really care, as long as its not completely over the top.

I was looking into 2 12" DC Level 2.

Some guys here could write book(s) on that. There's so much to box building.

the12volt.com Enclosure Calculators: a group of good calculators, IMO not as handy as the RE calculator below though.

RE Enclosure Calculator: Really good for building your first box, does most of the math for you, depending on your sub and space allowance how big you build the box.

Good Post of Audio Stuff: kinda off topic but a source of good reading material for car audio.

I'm sure alot of other guys could tell you lots more. Use MDF not plywood!

Didn't you already post this once, or am I just seeing things?

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Well you have a lot of room to work with....I have none :P, my problem is getting the box into my trunk....but anyway.

2 level 2 12's would be satisfactory, and probably louder than most people on your block with their best buy setups

I am actually going to make a build with 2 DC level 3 12's...because I don't really want to change my alternator and who not.

15's are not that much more than 12's atleast not what I have for pricing I have a s10 blazer so I know exactly what to do in that kind of car

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I just remembered something, at what point is it necessary to add batteries/more powerful alternator and such?

I'm pretty sure I would need anything like for that 2 subs, but I'm just curious.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Archived