Second Skin Audio

Opinions on American Bass..

I live in Ohio.. And EVERYONE seems to be reppin American Bass Subs...

Every single audio store... and seems like everyone i meet with a system.

Are they good.. what do they compare to?

Anywhere near as good as a sub from Fi Audio, Digital Designs, AudioQue, or DC Audio?

I heard a couple 12's (dx's? maybe?) They were alright...

Idk... lol

I just want the opinion from someone who doesn't live in ohio... Or if you do and have heard American Bass, and allot of other stuff as well.

Im just wondering if they are actually good quality.. or are they closer to a Sony Xplod? haha

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

i know their 500.1 is one of the most bullet proof amps on the market. i used their SQ6.5 coax speakers too and they sounded great especially for the money. They have alot of newer woofers now too, the XFL, the HD and the VFL are all top notch woofers. i dont have experience with their lower lines, but have heard them and once again, for the money they are a good deal.

Sony xplode should never be said American Bass, its an insult

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

im in columbus and i always see people rocking audiopipe subs../shrug :P

I know their amps are great tho

What part of ohio are you in?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

yeah, im in akron, and allot of people run american bass (only like dx's and shit tho) but that could be because its a company from cleveland. lol. a guy i know has 4 15'' vfls in a wall and it is rediculous. their top of the line products are pretty sweet.

Edited by devsmazduh

ill cut out yo eyelids and give ya nothin but sleeping pills...

Yea on the low end of things, AB subs are kinda iffy (OX, XD, DX) I think. But the XFL's are pretty decent there are 3" Coils I had two of em in my trunk on a 3000D and it was pretty nice. On the TL i could do 144's on music. The top of the line AB Woofer is the HD series (I dont think they make the Comp XFL's anymore) But HD's are def a very nice sub, for the money they are def worth it. The HD's are stiff so they are more SPL than SQ but they are very comparable to AQ HD3C's. I have no experience with their amps. but alot of people use them and I understand they are pretty solid as well.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Im in the Cleveland area. Berea to be exact, Its by the Cleveland Hopkins Airport.

One store i went to had a display of some american bass components.. he was like "listen how nice!!" they were distorted as hell... lol

Im really leaning towards Audioque subs and a DAT amp... im just trying to figure out if American Bass is good..

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Im in the Cleveland area. Berea to be exact, Its by the Cleveland Hopkins Airport.

One store i went to had a display of some american bass components.. he was like "listen how nice!!" they were distorted as hell... lol

Im really leaning towards Audioque subs and a DAT amp... im just trying to figure out if American Bass is good..

it was probably in his settings and between AQ and AB Id just get what you can get a better deal and customer service on someone around there is selling some AB motors for like $125 accualy he should be on here under Kbrudi