Sonic Electronix

Meeting or exceeding RMS on a subwoofer

Alright so I am kind of in the market for a new sub but i am not to sure what kind of power i need to be looking for. In other words if i am putting some where between 1000-1300 watts to a sub should i go with a subwoofer that rms's at 1000 or around 1500 and evenchually step my amp up to the subwoofer.

I would be running a Memphis MCD1000 that is 1100w at 1 ohm but i have heard it puts down around 1300

I would be using this as a daily driver but i will not be going easy on it haha i know all of these go low but i want something that really likes the lows

Anyway these are the drivers that i am jumping back and forth with and i would love some help one picking the right one out for my setup.

1.Sundown Nightshade

2.DC lvl 4

3.Fi BL

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

is ur m3 d4 or d2?

and i love memphis amps but if u run it 1ohm make sure ur electrical is good, but i upgraded mine so i dnt have that prob

but memphis amps work well with mtx subs, thats how my buddy sold his setups, mtx subs handle good amounts of power and memphis puts it to em

my pr1000.1 does 1000rms@1ohm but @ 2ohm it does 800rms n is throwin my mtx 8000 500rms-1000max's cones around like they aint nothin

but ied choose this sub

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6895/TR751522--...m-Subwoofer.htm

but when i upgrade i wanna do 1 15 in a good box, and this is the sub http://www.woofersetc.com/p4915/SX15--RE-A...s-Subwoofer.htm

but this sub is 1000rms n handles a mtx1501d that does 1800-2000rms@[email protected] pritty good

http://www.woofersetc.com/p1843/PSW815--Al...m-Subwoofer.htm

heres a vid

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Vince you will be fine if you run a Nightshade off of that amount of power. On music I'm not putting much more than 1400 watts to each of mine and well you've heard the car. I change a couple of things for a burp and that's why I make quite a bit more power, but I don't need all that for music.

The only issue really is price. The Nightshade is 2X the woofer of the Level 4 and the Bl so it's obviously going to cost a bit more. It's just not really fair to put the other two in the category with it unless they were close in performance.

Email Jacob @ [email protected] and talk to him about buying a sub directly from him. You may be able to save a little bit of money that way and get what you want. On the other hand if you wanted to save a few bucks and still get a badass woofer you could get a Z15. Jacob is blowing out the stock that he has right now so you may be able to get a very good deal. Not to mention that a Z15 is more at the same level as a Bl and Level 4, but I'd still be willing to bet that it is a tad better due to my bias

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

My advice to everyone is listen to the sub in person before buying!!! Everyone's ears are different, and cars resonate at different freq's... So, sub could be physically louder from one vehicle to the next, so always go with what sounds better to you!!