Never judge a book by its cover, right ?

First off, I know I don't look like the "typical" loud car audio / bass head. :pardon: Oh well.

I'm still laughing at some of the reponses on the YouTube vid, such as; "Tell me homeboy don't look just like the folks that be tellin' me to turn my $#!+ down" :) LOL

Anyway, I had kind of a "double odd" situation this morning. I was cranking the $#!+ out of my system, when I pulled up beside a black guy, who was probably 10 years younger than me (so that would make him about 35... still not a kid) but 'most' of my black friends.... even the older ones, seem to have a little more 'beat' in their blood, than my older white buddies.... (not to stereotype, just fact of the matter).

Not this guy ! First, he gives me the most pissed off look.... next he rolls up his window, then when the light turned green, he burns off in his older Mercedes, just to get away from me ! Huh ?

Afterwards I was joking with myself, thinking, he probably actually loves bass / loud music... and was pissed off that some "old white guy" had a way better system than he did ! :) LOL

Anyway, that just kind of surprised me... But I guess it shouldn't have. I, of all people, should know not to judge a book by its cover.

Peace,

Fish

one of the reasons I like my ductaped box and old 12" with no logo and faded surround to bad the z1 screwed to the box gives it away

surprises everybody

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I've had that happen to me once, where some older dude who had a system in his car looked back at my car and then he turned his stereo up higher (just highs and some mids, no lows like I had) :)

2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way

Component System

Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

refs: DC_Power_Kyle

Hey, Fish chris. I feel you man. I still like boomin myself dude. I'm older dude myself with a pretty o.k system I think. The whole back bed of my truck is all stereo. I Piss off alot of people, don't mean to but it happens some how. I don't think I'm a bad dude going around trying to piss off people . It just seems to happen to me, plus I get the look sometimes from the younger people looking at me like what the hell . It's there problem not mine. Peace.

Stopping at a light with music cranked up is irritating as hell! I can't tell you how many times I've been at a light with my daughter asleep in back and had some dick pull up to the light with some profane crap playing.

I may like to listen to it when I'm alone, but I don't want my kid hearing that stuff till she gets older. I don't want to hear it when my 70 year old mother is in back either. It's just rude and intrusive.

I've owned several 150+ db @ 32hz setups, but I don't ride around saying "it's your problem I woke up your baby". I remember riding behind my fathers hearse on the way to his funeral, and having some asshole blaring his music next to me as I waited to turn into the cemetery. I will never look at people who do that the same again, I wont even say the things I wanted to do to him.

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I saw the vid on youtube of you, an I must say I kinda giggled when I saw you (just cause you dont look the part). but I can understand I get it to sort of, people ask me what the hell am I doin building the system on my car. I tell them that its a hobby, i dont drink, do drugs, dont fish (sorry), dont hunt. then I get the "but why"....... coments my reply is "why not" LOL do i need it ? no but my father in law dont need 100 fishing poles and 7 guitars eather but he has them and it brings him joy so "why NOT" (my name on another sites is = YIMPALAYNOT)

I had a 12 year old (neighbors grand son) say to my wife "I think mike works on his radio to much...... he should mow the grass, weed wack, and sit in the couch being lazy like my dad" LOL

what kills me is hearing some one with "baby's in the trunk", all you hear is the rattles. if my windows are up mine is a muffled alot , that is why i put the 200 squ ft of deadener in to keed the music stay where its ment to be. I do under stand there are times for it, I got a neighbor who rattled my bedroom windows once and he wont do it again he turns it down now as he turns on the road. his system is 2 12"s and factory honda civic soor speakers..... and he has a lota babys in the trunk LOL

Edited by CLNFREAK