Second Skin Audio

Walmart beat????!!!!

Story: Sitting around playing nazi zombies with one of my friends who likes beat too. I was like, you know, we should go to walmart and buy a $20 sub and throw it in a box for fun. Debated the stupidity of wasting $20, but we went anyway, I got to laughing at the subs that said 400 WATTS *...then on the back there was a star that said 400 max, 40 RMS. loling in walmart we found something. It was called MASSIVE BASS, by lightning audio. It was a ported box, with a 10 in it, with an amp, wiring kit and bass knob for 90 dollars! So me being beatless for now, just decided to buy it. I was feeling like such an idiot after I bought it, trying to figure out why the hell I just wasted 90 bucks. So I got home and continued xboxing...and was like dude, I am going to take that crap back. He agreed it was a good idea. He left a bit later.

Later: I am sitting back here browsin the forums, and get bored, like ehhh, wth, ill do it. So the thing out of the packaging is actually pretty cool, Its a 14 x 15 x 12 box with a 1" port, with a amp on the back and the sub on the other side. Nicely carpeted. I am now seeing the nice bass knob, all the elctrical hardware for installation, the not rip off 10 guage wire, spare fuses, etc. So I was still planning on being a jerk and maybe just taking it back after I listening to it to see how it sounded, so didn't use anything, hooked it up with my rockford 4 guage kit (lol had to cut down the ends some).

So its installed, I was expecting the worst, and let me tell you, for an ENTIRE sub setup for $90...this thing has got some BEAT. It was rattling the crap out of my trunk...it was comparable to my two w3's in a sealed enclosure off 1k watts. So I called my friend who was at soccer practice, he rushes over to my house, I put him in the car and he was like "OMFG....HOLY S***, WTF IT WAS 90 BUCKS?!?!?"

So as of now trying to find one for his car too...

Now don't get me wrong, this thing isn't going to make people bail, but for 90 BUCKS!

ANYONE who wants to get into car audio MUST have one of these.

I will post up some pics and vids 2moro.

Edited by VistaV6

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

dont hate on walmart subs... lol i used to til i seen 2 wal mart pioneers puttin up a 146.8 on the TL off 1000 clamped watts

I never will again!! I had never heard them to now, except just jokes about how bad they were.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

Story: Sitting around playing nazi zombies with one of my friends who likes beat too. I was like, you know, we should go to walmart and buy a $20 sub and throw it in a box for fun. Debated the stupidity of wasting $20, but we went anyway, I got to laughing at the subs that said 400 WATTS *...then on the back there was a star that said 400 max, 40 RMS. loling in walmart we found something. It was called MASSIVE BASS, by lightning audio. It was a ported box, with a 10 in it, with an amp, wiring kit and bass knob for 90 dollars! So me being beatless for now, just decided to buy it. I was feeling like such an idiot after I bought it, trying to figure out why the hell I just wasted 90 bucks. So I got home and continued xboxing...and was like dude, I am going to take that crap back. He agreed it was a good idea. He left a bit later.

Later: I am sitting back here browsin the forums, and get bored, like ehhh, wth, ill do it. So the thing out of the packaging is actually pretty cool, Its a 14 x 15 x 12 box with a 1" port, with a amp on the back and the sub on the other side. Nicely carpeted. I am now seeing the nice bass knob, all the elctrical hardware for installation, the not rip off 10 guage wire, spare fuses, etc. So I was still planning on being a jerk and maybe just taking it back after I listening to it to see how it sounded, so didn't use anything, hooked it up with my rockford 4 guage kit (lol had to cut down the ends some).

So its installed, I was expecting the worst, and let me tell you, for an ENTIRE sub setup for $90...this thing has got some BEAT. It was rattling the crap out of my trunk...it was comparable to my two w3's in a sealed enclosure off 1k watts. So I called my friend who was at soccer practice, he rushes over to my house, I put him in the car and he was like "OMFG....HOLY S***, WTF IT WAS 90 BUCKS?!?!?"

So as of now trying to find one for his car too...

Now don't get me wrong, this thing isn't going to make people bail, but for 90 BUCKS! ANYONE who finds one of these kits at any store please let me know and I will pay you for it and some extra. (Can't find anymore around here)

Or ANYONE who wants to get into car audio MUST have one of these.

I will post up some pics and vids 2moro.

ha ha ha, you almost got me on this one- lol :rofl:

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

lightning audio is the storebrand branch of rockford..

i must see these vids..

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

entry level pioneers are nice for the $ (best thing wal-mart has).

Yeah they were 40 bucks, and I didn't have an amp. They were also 10's and the only box I have to use is for 12's.

I want to buy a few more, but I can't find them anywhere on the internet, even called walmarts around where I live and nothing.