has anyone done this before? Double batts under hood?

i dont wanna cut any corners especially when it comes to my electrical. thats why im asking so many ques... :give_rose:

but i will have to check out my local hardware store and find something that will work. i had in mind to buy a piece of sheet metal big enough to support the bottom of the second batt and then solder it to the exsisting tray. then get some sort of brackets to hold down the two batteries together to the frame...

you might be able to get the 2nd tray out of the F250 or 350 diesel to work Like Rusty I got the 2nd tray out of the duramax for my 1500

i dont wanna cut any corners especially when it comes to my electrical. thats why im asking so many ques... :give_rose:

but i will have to check out my local hardware store and find something that will work. i had in mind to buy a piece of sheet metal big enough to support the bottom of the second batt and then solder it to the exsisting tray. then get some sort of brackets to hold down the two batteries together to the frame...

Weld...

by the time you do all that and the time invested, why not just buy the tray that would look more professional? not saying that you wouldn't do the same or better, but by the time you do all the monkeying around, you could of moved on to bigger and better things.

as for the accy's tell them you only want the tray

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

lol i meant weld...

but i looked under my hood yesterday and i found a spot similar to the pic Rusty put up (on the bottom right corner of the hood) so i will look for just a tray now (no more welding). i figured it would be easier and less of a hassle to put it away from my stock instead of right next to it. One final question and then i will be done buggin. when i put the batt away from the stock, i will have to do the big 3 to the new batt instead of the stock right? i mean it only makes sense to do it to the new one and not the stock. :)

so i just remove the +batt to +alt from stock and switch it over to the new one? and then run new grounds for my new one, right?

Team Bass-Hz

Do the big 3 on both.

this is how mine is:

Stock battery:

1/0ground to engine

1/0 ground to chassis

1/0 ground to body

Positive lead(stockone) to alt is left in place, and a new 1/0 lead is ran right along with it from batt + to alt.

1/0 from stock battery + to 2nd baterry +

2nd battery:

1/0 from + to alt.

1/0 ground to chassis

* 1 i cant spell, 2 running a 1/0 from neg to neg on the battery is a good idea as well, i just didnt have enough wire*

Edited by Gotz1lung

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

do i need to connect both batteries (stock and new one) to the alt? i would perfer not to just so i wont overwork my alt, even though i will be doing so anyways (stock alt FTL). but an alt is next on the list for upgrade...

and i was planning to leave the extra grounds on the stock one just for good measure.

Team Bass-Hz

When I added my second battery, my big 3 became the big 6 ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I guess in all reality if your batteries are hooked together, and the charge wire is only going to one of them, they both are getting charged, so no you wouldnt HAVE to

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

Just get some 90 degree angle and make a tray for it and be done. Or buy a tray, theres pleny of places to get decent trays on the net.

Edited by B4SSB0Y

Car - 99 Neon Sport

Batt - 1 Redtop up front On 200A Excessive Amperage alt

Sub - 2 12" Kicker L7's in ~2 cuft @ 36hz each on a Xtant X1001 @ 1 ohm

Front Highs/Mids - JVC CS-FS6 and Infinity 6022i on Xtant A2002

Rear Highs/Mids - None

HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

1/0 wire ran thru entire car aswell as big3

DB - 144.5 @ Dash.