So I have just started getting into selling things online and was wondering if you guys had any tips.

I mean theres a few obvious ones I already know but like...

what do you use to tell how much shipping will cost?

what reason would you not ship out of country?

how do you package your items so you can insure they don't get ruined?

those types of questions.

Thanks,

Kasey

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Shipping stuff is a piece of cake. Just make sure you pack VERY WELL (speakers shipping I.E heavy shit) I always insure for slightly more then face value also. In reality, just use COMMON SENSE, and you cant screw up. Off the subject, I see your sellin your stuff, what are you upgrading to?

**EDIT** I always keep the original boxes that my stuff came in. This makes everything much easier, as in like speakers........My FI boxes came with all sorts of good shit in them to hold the speakers in.

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

yeah thats what I thought but damn this guy wants me to ship the amp to canada and thats at least $100 through UPS.

2 18's on, for starters, 4,000 watts (1 amp) and then later down the road I can upgrade to better 18's and get another 4,000 watt amp.

I've been looking at the Atomic APX 18" because there are a few good deals out right now.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Look into USPS flat rate boxes. If it fits in the box it ships for a decent flat rate price. Not good for expensive or large items like subs & amps.

Bubble mailers are also a good easy & cheap way to ship smaller cheap stuff like fuse holders, ring terminals, pieces of wire. They can be had in up to 18" sizes.

For subs & amps I always use UPS. Don't trust the stores to package your items. Some of those employees are just flat dumb. Pack it yourself and always pack tight. You do not want the item to be able to move around freely. Make sure there is some form of packing (foam, peanuts, bubbles) on every side of the product. Pool noodles are great for packing material.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

When I ship big things, I generally use a combination of those huge air "bag" things and packing peanuts. Packing peanuts to absorb shock, and the air bags to keep the thing in question in place.

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

1 x Kenwood KAC-9104D amp

2 x Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" subs

4 x Kenwood KFC-1682ie 3-way components

1 x Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493 head unit

My Honda Build

When I ship big things, I generally use a combination of those huge air "bag" things and packing peanuts. Packing peanuts to absorb shock, and the air bags to keep the thing in question in place.

Exactly what I do.....I only ship UPS and take pictures WITH dates so there isn't any question on the condition when I shipped an item. Also keep all emails/PM's for reference.

Here is a pending item I'm ready to ship......(he just hasn't paid :unknw: )

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2006.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

As you can see I try to use a seperate box on the outside to keep it from "Falling" off the UPS truck. :8)

Don't trust the stores to package your items. Some of those employees are just flat dumb. Pack it yourself and always pack tight. You do not want the item to be able to move around freely.

I've had UPS ship a amp for me once. The girl who worked there was the one who packed it and did a good job at it. I guess it's just the employee/location.

But I feel safer if I pack it myself and probably won't let them pack it again, even though I had no troubles.

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

To actually answer your two other ones...here are my responses.

what do you use to tell how much shipping will cost?

Generally it's done by weight. Like, item A weighs 11 pounds and costs X amount of cash, you'd pay that along with the price of the "enclosure" (no, I don't mean a big ass MDF box...lol) it's in. Other times, odd sized/shaped objects could be more of a hassle. May hinder your ability to ship it one way. But, experimentation is your best bet to figure out what to do. Which ever way allows you to keep the most cash in your pocket while still getting there in one piece, is the best.

what reason would you not ship out of country?

Well...money for one reason. Second, international shipping is a tad on the expensive side. Third, you don't know how the guys at the airport are going to handle your package. Some throw 'em around, others are actually careful.

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

1 x Kenwood KAC-9104D amp

2 x Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" subs

4 x Kenwood KFC-1682ie 3-way components

1 x Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493 head unit

My Honda Build