Wall of 20 Pyramid 10" $15.99 in a Ford Aerostar

Oh goodness! It has been awhile! I did get the window fixed. The motor pooped out while the window was down with 20* wheather. Had to take out the motor to get the window up and while I scavenged a week for a motor, I tied the window up. After installing the working motor, about a week later the window switch broke! This time only allowing the window to raise and not go down. 2 months later I got the switch replaced :) It sucked slaming the system with the driver window up.,....DUH!

I also have gotten the doors done. Nothing fancy like most guys on here, but a very good upgrade! Also I put 2 4" mids and 6 3.5" mid/highs in the dash, all pyramid cheapies. Altogether maybe $20. Again nothing fancy, just simple and loud. So simple, all I did was take the metal dash cover and take a holesaw to it. I've got all of this hooked up to a 1000watt(yea right) Pyramid 4 channel amp. It is loud, but not as loud as I wanted for guitars. Very loud with vocals! I still have the tweets to install and may re-think this set-up.

I also got a second alternator installed and did the "BIG 3" for both alternators. I just took another stock alternator and placed it in the a/c pump location. Again, not wanting to sink tons of money into this and be as thrifty as possible. Doing this has made a really BIG improvement in the electrical demand. Maybe some high amp alternators in the future along with another matching amp? Who knows! This starting point helped alot, I can only imagine it with bigger alternators. Im having problems with belt traction on the alternators. Most times after playing hard for a few minutes the belt gets noisy. The pullys have about 40% belt wrap. What did you guys do?

I'm having alot of fun with this! It gets real fun when you see the terror on peoples face when you are cruising. LOL

They put their hands over their ears and proceed to gripe,...he he he he!

93' Ford Aerostar

Alpine head unit

4-5.25 MB Quarts

20-10" pyramids super Pro

1 Lanzar amp

I just went through the threat from page 1. Awesome job man, BUDGET BUILD FTW..... :popcorn: throw up some pics to show updates if you would. I had a few sets of SUPER PRO's in 1990, a PB-1000 pushing them, the dealer "Pawn Shop" loved me. I even had the CLEAR PLASTIC 12's that lit up from inside the box off of brake light.

Do a total cost breakdown estimate on what you have invested in it so far :drinks:

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

Sweet, nice build.I'm tuned in :popcorn: Need more pics.. :drinks:

agreed. very cool build

2007 Ford Taurus

Pioneer P980BT Head unit

Stock Electical

DB Link 4ga wiring

Polk DB570 front/rear

Junk in the trunk:

Polk db1222 box

Rockford Fosgate 600.1bd

I`m liking this build! Did a similar but smaller project for some friends of mine, and it pounded really good for the money :) Looking forward the vids :drink40:

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

154.5@38hz with 2 DD Z9518`s

145.5@40hz with 2 DD 1508`s

My youtube vids

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived