Jump to content

Wall of 20 Pyramid 10" $15.99 in a Ford Aerostar


Recommended Posts

Posted

no more pics ?

4 I.A. Warden 15s

8 I.A. 20.1s

2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race Points Champ/Over all champ

2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race S.C. Regional Champ

2010 FL Regional Middle Weight Champ

2010 INAC Middle Weight Bass Boxing Champ

Posted

Whoa!

Nice replies guys! THANKS!

I'm loving the way it's all coming together and how it looks!

One guy asked "no MDF?"........I hear you! It's a old school, budget build mang.....before there was MDF,........there was Plywood.

Hey 2000LaDe, Do you have your doughts? 149.9 ......no? What would be your guess?

hard nox,

I live about 30min from Lexinton. I am always in Lexington for something, such as tomarrow I'll be on Harrodsburg road next to St. Joe, but not in my van. PM me if you want to meet up sometime.

93' Ford Aerostar

Alpine head unit

4-5.25 MB Quarts

20-10" pyramids super Pro

1 Lanzar amp

Posted

i have doubt that it will do 49.9 since its so far back. if u moved it up to b pillar i think u would have a better chance. dont think u will be doin 152's with that setup at C pillar. i think ull do around a 145-147 bassrace at best.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png
Posted

Interesting!

What would you suppose the tl would say if I had placed it about 1meter away from the window, outside the van? Or does it matter?

93' Ford Aerostar

Alpine head unit

4-5.25 MB Quarts

20-10" pyramids super Pro

1 Lanzar amp

Posted

I'll get a video when it's up and banging!

Still a little more work!

93' Ford Aerostar

Alpine head unit

4-5.25 MB Quarts

20-10" pyramids super Pro

1 Lanzar amp

Posted

Today I worked a little! I got all the wiring and grounds together, this is the good. I thought since I have all the wire ran, why not hook up the amp and do some electrical testing before I finish up. So, I grabed the Visonik amp and wired it up,...........with no luck. WHAT? OK, so I think since it powers on with no protection light, maybe the RCA's are cut/pinched or bad. So I take it out and replace with an old pyramid amp.........everything works! OK! Back in with the Visonik,.....nothing:( It worked fine the last time it was used,....the entire 10minutes of it's life 5 years ago! Piss on it! I grabed the Lanzar amp that I have been useing before and wired everything on it.

Now this is a classA amp with a fuse rating of 140amp(the model # slips me). If my math is some what good, each sub should see about 50 watts rms! 20 x 50 = 1000watts.(assuming the amp draws close to 140amps at 12 volts)

Running it in stereo mode, both sides see a decimal below 1 ohm. The amp is rated 2ohm stereo. The amp holds just fine and pours it's soul out into what seems like an explosion. The CD player(yes I'm old,....no IPOD yet) can not contain it's self,....it skips! All of this from $16.00 subs .....COOL! The best part is that the subs sound great on every note!

I drove through Wal-mart tonite and some cart pushers flaged me down and asked what I had in the van. They proceeded to state all the ones in town with the big stuff installs and how my van compares to them. No comparo! At 1000watts?

93' Ford Aerostar

Alpine head unit

4-5.25 MB Quarts

20-10" pyramids super Pro

1 Lanzar amp

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8866 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...