XS Power

battery count on Stock Alt.

You will want to make sure you connect the rear batt to the front batt with a fuse at each end. You will also need to make sure the rear batt is well grounded. This will ensure that it keeps properly charged by the alternator. If your voltage drops off overnight below 12.8 or so, then you can charge the entire system by connecting a charger to either battery.

Hey... we all have to learn sometime... most users on this forum are eager to help!

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

• 1 month later...

I ran three AGM batteries on my stock 105amp alt....didn't have any problems in 6 months playing the subs everyday....dropping into the lows 13s high 12s.....

But I also had two stock alts...so I could take a chance of burning an alt....and I always keep the other stock one under my back seat with tools to change should it fail.

i agree, cas im runnin 7 batteries off the stock 105 alternator and has never failed, and for the past week ive bin seein 15.3v wen it cool outside and the jeep has just started up, then of course it goes down to about 14.5. takes a while to charge them back after while of full tilt, but has never failed like my mechman 250 did twice already :censored:

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

I haven't had any luck finding any aftermarket parts for my vehicle (2007 Jeep Compass) I was just trying to figure out how many batteries you can put on a stock alternator before it starts decreacing the life of the alternator.... at the moment i have a Memphis 1,000 watt amp, with two JLW7's (hopefully soon will upgrade to FI subs, want to figure power issues out first)

I'm about to add another battery myself. I know how you feel. I can't find any parts for my car either.

2000 VW Jetta

Pioneer headunit

1 Soundstream PC.6 6.5" component set

4 Pioneer TSA6984R 6x9

4 Selenium 6w4p 6"

2 15" Sundown Audio E's in 4 cubes @35hz

Digital Designs CM1000

Rockford Fosgate Punch p400.4

Plans

New Box

New headunit

New Amps

R.I.P.1995 Chevy Blazer LS

Rockford Fosgate headunit

2 Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5"

2 Rockford Fosgate T1 4x6

2 Rockford Fosgate T1 4"

Hifonics Warrior hcx5.2c

4 Selenium 6w4p 6"

18" Mmats Juggernaut in 4.5 cubes @ 27hz

Hifonics Brutus 1200

Rockford Fosgate Punch p400.4

Alpine 4 channel

Optima Red Top

Plans

New Box

New headunit

New Amps

i agree, cas im runnin 7 batteries off the stock 105 alternator and has never failed, and for the past week ive bin seein 15.3v wen it cool outside and the jeep has just started up, then of course it goes down to about 14.5. takes a while to charge them back after while of full tilt, but has never failed like my mechman 250 did twice already :censored:

bullshit.

:)

whiv is that bs? i ran 3kw off a yellow top and factory 130A in my explorer for 7 months. Also ran a total of 3 group 31's and a yellow top off the stock alt for several months, i installed a mechman rhino and had to send it in within a couple weeks, now the stock alternator has been in noobtastic14's car for months and is holding up wonderfully.

whats bs about his post? my factory alt would charge 14.7 hot.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

• 2 years later...