my friend who i was with this past weekend had these tinted rear lights, and i thought they were super sick and asked him how much they cost, and he said that he got "spray tint" i was wondering if anyone would advise doing this or what the brand name of the spray is?

before i went and did it, i wanted to see what some of you guys thought about it

Harrison

2000 Nissan Xterra

-Infinity 6020cs components

-Infinity 692.7 6x9s

-DC LVL 4 12

-AQ1200

-Pioneer DEHP860MP H/U

-4 channel amp for mids and highs??? I need some suggestions

My brother works at service king, and he actually got a painter to paint his taillights black. It is heavily mixed with clear so it looks solid black, but the lights show up just fine

2001 Tahoe

Alpine IVA-W505

2 OPTIMA's RED/YELLOW

DUAL ALTs 140/220

(2) HIFONICS BXI1280D

(1) HIFONICS ZXI6408

(4) ALPINE SPR-13S 5.25

(4) ALPINE SPR-17S 6.5

(2) KICKER 15L7 at 1 ohm 4.5 CUBIC@38HZ

My brother works at service king, and he actually got a painter to paint his taillights black. It is heavily mixed with clear so it looks solid black, but the lights show up just fine

do you by chance know the name of the spray? and any methods of application would be great to hear, such as if i should take off the lights then do it or if i should paper em up and just spray the outside, thats what my friend did and they really did look great

2000 Nissan Xterra

-Infinity 6020cs components

-Infinity 692.7 6x9s

-DC LVL 4 12

-AQ1200

-Pioneer DEHP860MP H/U

-4 channel amp for mids and highs??? I need some suggestions

Yeah I have been hearing alot about the nightshade, but his are actually automotive paint and clear. He works there so it was easy and cheap(free). But the night shade just sprays right on and from what I have seen looks pretty damn good

2001 Tahoe

Alpine IVA-W505

2 OPTIMA's RED/YELLOW

DUAL ALTs 140/220

(2) HIFONICS BXI1280D

(1) HIFONICS ZXI6408

(4) ALPINE SPR-13S 5.25

(4) ALPINE SPR-17S 6.5

(2) KICKER 15L7 at 1 ohm 4.5 CUBIC@38HZ

nightshade

this is whati used

nightshade-4.jpg

but not the clear coat if u want it to look good use both of those cans.

edit: dont use both of them literarlly but u know what i mean nighshade first as dark as you want it.. let it dry then clear coat it

Edited by Red-navi-916

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Two options

- Buy some VHT and do it yourself, it will look half ass.

- Find a body shop that has experience with taillights and they will chef up some clear/black for you, it will look good.

its actually not hard at all and my tail lights are in 4 pieces...the head light and tails look good...saves u about idk 95 dollars from a tint shop for their matteriel and their gay ass $12/h labor

edit spelling

Edited by Red-navi-916

BUILDLOG

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

its actually not hard at all and my tail lights are in 4 pieces...the head light and tails look good...saves u about idk 95 dollars from a tint shop for their matteriel and their gay ass $12/h labor

edit spelling

Yeah but their "gay ass $12/h labor" is what makes the difference in your lights looking like they got sprayed by a rattle can or looking excellent.

There's an excellent way to do spray paint, and there is a "common" way.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=45762

Here's a few pics of my chevy logo that I tinted with VHT and clear coated then did the polish technique like I show in that thread.

Daytime

0810090230.jpg

0811091406.jpg

Night

0810092333a.jpg

The trick is to wetsand the plastic down with around 600 grit to clean and get the surface prepped for the night shade, then spray it on. Then use 800-1000 to level the VHT down, then clear coat a good few times and wetsand/polish with that. Check the thread I attached.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Yeah but their "gay ass $12/h labor" is what makes the difference in your lights looking like they got sprayed by a rattle can or looking excellent.

really didnt know that...wow....

yeah i know but i would rather paint and coat it before i take it in and spend that money on it.....................tell me you would rather take it in

BUILDLOG