Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Building new box need a little info


ps6435

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am fixing to buy a piece of wood and was curious as to how you guys would think this would turn out? i have a 12" digital designs 1500 seriess and was thinking about using dd audios design for a box for my box...

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/BoxDesigns/highE...ncy/compact.asp

i was going to use all there dimensions except i was thinking about changing up the port and instead of the straight one that they show make it an L port so sub and port are both firing same direction...

Posted

As long as you give it enough port area it should be fine, it doesnt have to be on the side. I have made several with ports on the front and L-Shaped inside the box, I only have done this with cars where the seats fold down so I could fire the sub and port into the car. I have also fired the port up thru the rear deack with sub facing forward.

Posted
should come out nice

well i have changed my mind and decided to build it almost the same as before but build it to my subwoofers specs...

i was gonna build it 30x15x15 with a 3" wide port that 17" long which will tune the port to 40hz

my speakers specs says i need 40 cubic feet of port area and i will have 40.5

speaker spec also says a 16" long port... close enough.

Posted

its 40 square inches of port area...area is in square inches...volume is in cubic inches

but yea...that should be fine

i likes me some audio stuff...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11185 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...