Man, I was thinking......if I was to get some Solar panels and put them on my back window and hook them up to my amp for just a little power not a whole lot though...that would be pretty cool..LOL

Have you ever thought about that....using the sun to power a amplifier....using the right Calculations you could probably do it

and a lot of Solar panels...that would be a cool project!

But I was wondering was there a car around here that has a AMP running off solar power?

i doubt it... amps take a lot of juice... well maybe like a 50w one... but like a orion 2500.. no way...

Yeah, that would be a crazy set up though.....I saw some 18v Solar panels on ebay, thought that would be something cool to do just to show how the sun can be a big help to car audio.......

I could see using solor panels to keep your car audio batteries charged. But to power an amp, I doubt it. It would take alot of panels to put out the kind of amperage to sustain a subwoofer amp...But for batteries maybe it would keep them charged up. If you got the money try it..????

Yeah, solar panels are expensive and do not put out that much current. i would like to have one though to charge my batteries when the car is sitting in my driveway and what not.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Guest Nismofreak

Plus it wood look ghetto and the solar powers won't power the battery for a short time. I not saying it stupid but I would spend my money on a better battery or alt.

Edited by Nismofreak