Sonic Electronix

i have a 03 tiburon gt with a 110 amp alt and kinetik 1200 in the back and a pioneer 3100d. my sub is a 15inch fi ssd in a 4 cubic foot box tune to 35 hz with 50inchs of port area,off a sundown 1200d. I have four ga in my car and i upgraded my grounds under my hood with 1//0 ga. I am not getin bad volt drops at all and i have my subsonic at 32 hz and no bass boost on my amp and no bass gain on my deck. My deck goes up to 40 if i put it at 28-30 i start to smell what i think is my coil. I am wired at 1 ohm and i checked the sub over and over and all is good. I tryed to lower my gain and i still get this.Could it be the box being to big or is it that my amp is putin out to much power at half gain seting for my sub? cuz i know the sundown will put out close to 1500 watts at 1 ohm if i can keep my volts up like i am. ps i think my deck is 2 volts but i could b wrong though

i see a few people lookin im sure some one would have an idea. i went out befor and did some testing and im sure my sub is not seein to much power. i was playin some music for10 min or so i would say i was at 26 or so on my deck and when i stoped to get gas i could smell what i think is the coils. i know my box might b a issue but im not sure it is not painted nor is it carpeted.the smell is close to the mdf smell but has a hot smell as if the glue from the coils are coming undone.

:clapping::clapping: there..

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

he said the bass on the h/u was 0 and same for the bass boost

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

he said the bass on the h/u was 0 and same for the bass boost

yup, my deck is at -2 and there is no bass boost and my gain is a tad under half way. im sure i should lower the gain a tad im gona try that and see. i would think its clipping but my sub is seein all clean power and im not getin bad volt drops at all. Ill try to lower the gain and go from there. i might go with a new box somthing smaller after sub and port 3 cubic feet, at this time my sub is sitin in a box that is 4 after sub and port area.

how long are you playing it at that volume? even thoe your sub is seeing power that is within it's r.m.s range,if you beat on it for a long period of time your coils are going to get hot and they will get smelly.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

if im correct the sub is still new right??? if so then just dont blast it full out. give it a lil while to break in.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs