Sundown Audio

remanufactured t10001 bd still worth useing ????

bonez1203

i'm sending my T10001bd to rockford to be repaired $208 (blown transsistor's). is it worth keeping after i get it back or should i sell it and buy something else? i never had an amp break down on me? this makes me worry about it happening again. what could have caused this? i had it running at 1 ohm to a re se 15"2ohm dvc. i know i over powered the sub by alot but could this blow transsistors?

please just inform me and leave all the bashing/flaming for someone else

Dave

Kenwood KDC-X792 Mb quart 4x6

Mb quart 4x6 front stage

MB quart 3way 6x9

0/1 ga. Rockford wire

The Big 3. 0/1 ga.

Rockford t1000bd broke

RE SE 2ohm DVC 15"

4 cu ft ported enclosure

You can get a refurbished one from Rockford for $250....so going off that, don't bother.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

you already have it....I would get it repaired and use it....I've never had any problems with mine.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

you already have it....I would get it repaired and use it....I've never had any problems with mine.

yeah man, but your paying basically the price of a new amp to get a broken one repaired...That will be way too much money poured into a 1k watt amp. (there was one of the rockford ebay store for $259 a day ago I believe)

I would look into the Audiopipe things every1 is buzzing about, should do about the same power for $150

Edited by VistaV6

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

yeah i already have the amp i paid $200 used for it!

Mb quart 4x6 front stage

MB quart 3way 6x9

0/1 ga. Rockford wire

The Big 3. 0/1 ga.

Rockford t1000bd broke

RE SE 2ohm DVC 15"

4 cu ft ported enclosure

yeah man, but your paying basically the price of a new amp to get a broken one repaired...That will be way too much money poured into a 1k watt amp. (there was one of the rockford ebay store for $259 a day ago I believe)

I would look into the Audiopipe things every1 is buzzing about, should do about the same power for $150

thank you i will look into it.

Mb quart 4x6 front stage

MB quart 3way 6x9

0/1 ga. Rockford wire

The Big 3. 0/1 ga.

Rockford t1000bd broke

RE SE 2ohm DVC 15"

4 cu ft ported enclosure

id repar it, hell if RF is repairing it, then its as good as new after.

i think thats what im going to do!!!

thanks all

Mb quart 4x6 front stage

MB quart 3way 6x9

0/1 ga. Rockford wire

The Big 3. 0/1 ga.

Rockford t1000bd broke

RE SE 2ohm DVC 15"

4 cu ft ported enclosure

Back when I bought my very first expensive amplifier, I had a channel blow out for no reason.

The best exclanation I have ever heard in my life was this from the shop I got it from:

He said, with the amount of amps that are built on the assembly line and with the millions of little parts that they use everyday to make those amps, there really is no way to garruntee that all the parts are going to work every single time and that is one thing that contributes to blown or warrantied amps for no reason.

So nomatter how good a product is there is always a chance that it will fail when used propperly. My amp got fixed and is now 10 years old with no problems.

I would get the RF 1000bd fixed and be happy with it. Those amps will not be profitable for another couple years. I watch Ebay fairly often to figure out used sale rates on products. You would be lucky to get your money back out of it at this time.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png