Bye bye blazer, hello lancer

its a nice car don't get me wrong but i LOVE my blazer and would NEVER trade it for anything and if i did it would be for a Chevy TBSS or any of the new "old" American muscle :D

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

Dont get me wrong i loved my blazer. And ill miss it for a long long long time. But ive put too much into it and i know whats going to go wrong in the next few years and its just not worth it. I figured the 7k i put into it this year - the 4500 rebate for it makes it so i didnt spend as much fixing it and just said fuck it and got a new car at a sick price (if you step back and look at it all). It only gets 26 MPG city probably cuz of my driving for 1 and the fact that its their CVT. I really didnt get to pick and choose, i needed cheap and it had to be on the lot that day and be new. I ended up with this thing and i really do like this car alot. And the mileage destroys the blazers.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Dont get me wrong i loved my blazer. And ill miss it for a long long long time. But ive put too much into it and i know whats going to go wrong in the next few years and its just not worth it. I figured the 7k i put into it this year - the 4500 rebate for it makes it so i didnt spend as much fixing it and just said fuck it and got a new car at a sick price (if you step back and look at it all). It only gets 26 MPG city probably cuz of my driving for 1 and the fact that its their CVT. I really didnt get to pick and choose, i needed cheap and it had to be on the lot that day and be new. I ended up with this thing and i really do like this car alot. And the mileage destroys the blazers.

Well, at least until you get a multi-kilowatt sound system put in...

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Damn...shoulda had you sell me some parts i need for mine before ya got rid of it! haha :aggressive:

Ya, i saved the front door panels, the visors, a pillars and factory radio. And all my stereo stuff too of course.

Well, at least until you get a multi-kilowatt sound system put in...

Ya, true. But the blazer got shit mileage regardless. I had it for years before putting a system in it. They system didnt do much to its mileage, but it had about 30-40 more HP and a bit more torque. So well see how it all does. I may keep it to a single kilowatt for the bass, for the time being, i may leave it stock for a bit. My 21st is mid nov, then xmass is right after. I could just say money for a new stereo is all i want for both events, sell off my equipment, and buy all new shit.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

• 7 months later...

It has begun...Tonight ive ordered a 9887, some Kicker 08KS25 tweets, Peerless SDS 6.5" 4 ohm midbasses, 3 sets of 2ch RCAs and a dash kit. Totaling 447 and some change after shipping (only thing i had to pay shipping on was the midbasses.)

Felt like this day would never come. Now i just need to buy some wire and ill be about ready to get goin on it.

Can't wait to see this :clapping:

EAST TEXAS BASS HEAD 4 LIFE

Jeep electronics = Stock (for now)

Headunit = VR3 cheapo

Speakers = Pioneer and Quantum Audio

Sub Amp = Sundown SAE-1200d

Sub = Fi SSD 15''

Mid/High amp = Sold my 4ch, Lookin for a new one now....

REFS: Bought From-Twistedchild420 ,J_black10,SojiaRaggs9000,hotshot27,

REFS: Sold To- James , sanitarium , qu1cks1lver56, skittlesRgood

Offical Audiogod9000 Feedback

Audiogod9000's 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country Build

Its all on order. Speakers, power wire, speaker wire, head unit, dash kit, RCAs.

So heres whats going in....

Source: CDA-9887, will be using to run 2 way active front + subwoofer setup. Who needs rear fill? Not me!!! (well see how these drivers work out together, may change them up after a bit, but im going to be a broke college student again soon, so im trying to do this budget style)

Amps:

-Mids and Highs: Alpine MRP-F300 (saved it from my blazer)

-Bass: Kenwood KAC-9104D, OR, need to figure out whats wrong with my buddys old RF amp and hell probably lemme keep it. It puts out a clean 1k+ at 2 ohms, its an old school one.

Mids: Peerless 835004 SDS 6-1/2" Woofer 4 Ohm

Tweeters: Kicker 08KS25

Subs: 2x Clarion PXW1251s.

Box: undecided, got 2 in mind, 4th order design ive been toying with, kinda different as far as ratio of ported to sealed is concerned, or regular ol ported, 3.5 cubes, about 35-37 Hz with 3 4" aero ports. Really wanna try the 4th order but idk what will work best.

4thorder3sketchup.png

4thorder3.png

or

35cubesat35to37Hz.png

Archived