DC Sound Lab

Hey guys I have 2 18 BTL's and I have to say that I am not all that happy with them......I was expecting a whole lot more than I have....so with that said I am contemplating 4 15 LVL 5's but wanted to know what everyone thought.....I also hear of everyone buying LVL 4's and having lvl 5 coils put in them.......just wondering why????? If I am correct I believe that the lvl 5's are 4" and the lvl 4's are 3"??????Thanks guys

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

both lvl 4 and 5 use a 3" coil

the lvl 4 coil is a 4 layer round wire while the lvl 5 is an 8 layer flat wound. Getting the 5 coil on the 4 will increase its thermal power handling. If you have BTLs, your defiantly going to want to jump to the level 5s.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

could go through the middle and get XL's haha...I love mine, but given the chance for a level 5 I would go that route

edit: dammit I got ninja'd :ph34r:

lmao

Edited by MaX

<div align='center'>03 RAV4

18" DC Level 4 XL

Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge

AudioQue 2200D

6.25 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz

DB Linc 200 Amp H/O ALT

1/0 BIG III</div>

lvl4 xl is one step under lvl 5 I have seen people run 4k daily to on but I havn't myself so I can't recommend that.

how much power do you have for each sub?

second to bottom

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/woofers.html

Edited by wenn_du_weinst

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

lvl4 xl is one step under lvl 5 I have seen people run 4k daily to on but I havn't myself so I can't recommend that.

how much power do you have for each sub?

second to bottom

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/woofers.html

I have to recommend this sub myself. I have had really good results using them. Last year i had lv5s this year im using the XLs and i am louder then ever, and my back is half way healed up from lifting the 5s from last year. lol

Yeah if I could trade my BTL for a lvl 5 I would, it performs fine but I am not impressed with the people at Fi. Rusty kicks ass and comes on here and shoots the shit with us so isn't that reason enough to get a lvl 5? :)