EricM9104 Posted September 3, 2009 Report Posted September 3, 2009 it is the basic of basic headunit from alpine. nothing fancy nor any bells or whistles. I do Alpine only here, well....some Kenwood, but looking at other radios out there, Pioneer will give you more for the money. I would say that the Alpine would last longer and be better all the way around, however the one we did (105) would not accept a CDWow, really?? Must have been defective...Coming from a fellow Alpine CDA-105 user, i love mine, will never use anything else. Could be a little fancier for the display and all that jazz. Oh well, it works great!!! 2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock 1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit
HaMSaMMiCH Posted September 3, 2009 Report Posted September 3, 2009 Wow, really?? Must have been defective... Coming from a fellow Alpine CDA-105 user, i love mine, will never use anything else. Could be a little fancier for the display and all that jazz. Oh well, it works great!!! most of my friends and I have ran Alpine HU's as long as I can remember (I have never bought anything else) and I worked as a MECP autotech at best buy from late 07 until earlier this year and of all the Alpines I've seen(a lot sense that's what I always tried to get people to buy.... hey, I like Alpine) all but 2 have worked FLAWLESSLY. One was a manufacturers defect(shit happens) and one was installed in this guy's Mercedes for 3 years (CDA-9847) and the IC gave out(i guess it didn't like being hooked up to the factory amp?). I took the 9847 home and left it sitting on a shelf so one day I could try and fix it (only thing that wasn't working was the IC, otherwise looked like new). Few months later I threw it in the Chevy for shitsandgiggles and what do you know, worked like a charm. Damned thing is still working. So out of HUNDREDS of Alpines I have seen ONE broken. That beats the hell out of all the broken Pioneer and Kenwood decks I've seen(I don't even want to mention Sony or JVC, seems like they have a 50% fail rate) CAUTION! POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET
Harzzu Posted September 24, 2009 Report Posted September 24, 2009 What do you guys think about this HU? http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/p...?model=iDA-X303 I'm planning to buy it with PXA-H100 Imprint audio processor. I'm not using cd's anymore, got all my music in a USB stick.
raytard Posted September 24, 2009 Report Posted September 24, 2009 they sell that garbage in walmart take that money and get a pioneer deh-510, 2 year warrantee, 4v preouts, 7band eq, an ipod interface that might just be better than an ipod (it ahs features like link search that ipods dont have yet, and alphabet search, and all the other basics all blisteringly fast), and hpf/lpf sub control, a much nicer screen that is capable of doing visual eq's and VU meters in realtime, or just have dolphins and shit why would you spend the same money (or even more) for a product that is inferior in EVERY SINGLE WAY? Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now) Team DC
Harzzu Posted September 24, 2009 Report Posted September 24, 2009 they sell that garbage in walmart take that money and get a pioneer deh-510, 2 year warrantee, 4v preouts, 7band eq, an ipod interface that might just be better than an ipod (it ahs features like link search that ipods dont have yet, and alphabet search, and all the other basics all blisteringly fast), and hpf/lpf sub control, a much nicer screen that is capable of doing visual eq's and VU meters in realtime, or just have dolphins and shit why would you spend the same money (or even more) for a product that is inferior in EVERY SINGLE WAY? But that Pioneer doesn't have a DSP. And i dont have a ipod.
raytard Posted September 24, 2009 Report Posted September 24, 2009 it has ASR, which is DSP by a different name. and the imprint thing is just an auto-eq, and i wasnt very impressed with it at all and its 2009 guy, get a friggin ipod!!! or use usb, it has usb, or sat radio, or hd radio, or am/fm, or cd's, or whatever else you want Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now) Team DC
jbondox Posted September 25, 2009 Report Posted September 25, 2009 LOL I do think the responses from raytard are funny, but 0 alpine headunits on walmarts site, but I did see a list of 9 headunits listed for pioneer, and they had the same unit as his minus the premiere status (2 year warranty and the ipod cable) called the DEH-P5100UB $205. As for the Alpine vs Pioneer, I wish Pioneer was a better company as they do have some cool stuff, but it is whored out more than Alpine, plus they always seem to have a remote lead problem or noisey outputs because of the design. It was a few years back so I am hoping it was fixed by now and possibly is, i fell off the pioneer bandwagon some time ago... but I will admit that they have some really cool gear where Alpine is just messing up. the imprint is a cool idea, but Pioneer had an eq that would do the same back in 96. I further heard that imprint is really not that well liked. The ODR stuff is very dynamic, and a work of art, just that they can't sell it here because no one understands it... or it is too expensive. oh well I still think it is funny, but realistically one is not better than the other SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields
n8ball2013 Posted September 25, 2009 Report Posted September 25, 2009 Ive never been a fan of pioneer. ever. not a fan of the RCA issues they tend to develop. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
HaMSaMMiCH Posted September 25, 2009 Report Posted September 25, 2009 you can get a CDA-9884 for the same price as the IDA-303 and the 9884 has the same ipod features AND a cd player. Just my opinion. I like all alpine gear but their Ipod specific stuff is still a little expensive because it just came out.... CAUTION! POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET
n8ball2013 Posted September 25, 2009 Report Posted September 25, 2009 their ipod specific stuff has been out for a couple years now. ............. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.