Sonic Electronix

So today in Omaha, Nebraska Sal's pawnshop was having a tent sale, so naturally i stopped by to check out the car audio stuff. I found the 1 Farad capacitor that i have been looking for, and it was only 20 BUCKS! (after i got them to knock off 15 bucks) I thought I knew how to install it but it turns out that i don't so im asking SMD Forums for some help! if anyone would like to help a newbie out it would be greatly appreciated! Thank You.

Here's a picture of it. Its an American Legacy 1.0 Farad Capacitor

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j63/cool...pimp/Car007.jpg

Edited by Demo402

Honda Accord 4 Door

Current System -

(2) 12'' Mtx Thunder 5500's

(1) Alpine Mrp-m1000 @4Ω

(1) Pioneer Deck Deh-3500

(1) American Legacy 1.0 Farad Capacitor

(1) Stinger Voltage Meter (Blue)

Big 3 Knu 1/0

Box 3.4^3@37hz

demo402.gif

Do you have any voltage drop in your system?if you do then that cap is useless pretty much

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

So today in Omaha, Nebraska Sal's pawnshop was having a tent sale, so naturally i stopped by to check out the car audio stuff. I found the 1 Farad capacitor that i have been looking for, and it was only 20 BUCKS! (after i got them to knock off 15 bucks) I thought I knew how to install it but it turns out that i don't so im asking SMD Forums for some help! if anyone would like to help a newbie out it would be greatly appreciated! Thank You.

Here's a picture of it. Its an American Legacy 1.0 Farad Capacitor

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j63/cool...pimp/Car007.jpg

if i didnt have work today or tomorrow i'd meet you in town and give you a hand.

pretty easy though, it goes between your battery and amplifier. + to + to +, - to - to -

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Do you have any voltage drop in your system?if you do then that cap is useless pretty much

I dont have a Voltage Meter but I don't think i have any voltage drops. but all my lights dim when i hit a really low note.

Honda Accord 4 Door

Current System -

(1) Alpine Mrp-m1000 @4Ω

Big 3 Knu 1/0

Box 3.4^3@37hz

demo402.gif

Has two on top looked at other picso n the web

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

It has 2 terminals one marked + and the other is non marked but i know thats -. so do i take a piece or power/ground and term one side and conect to cap?

so it goes Power with terminal to top of cap then another power with term to positive then to amp and the same for the ground

Honda Accord 4 Door

Current System -

(1) Alpine Mrp-m1000 @4Ω

Big 3 Knu 1/0

Box 3.4^3@37hz

demo402.gif

It's a used cap, and i don't know what a charging card is. I'm guessing like a manual for it

Honda Accord 4 Door

Current System -

(1) Alpine Mrp-m1000 @4Ω

Big 3 Knu 1/0

Box 3.4^3@37hz

demo402.gif