Sundown Audio

SAZ-3500D / AQ-3500D Side-By-Side

im sure if it was 1 ohm after rise it would do rated power.... either way both are fantastic amps!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

true, but thats still significantly less than it should make. theres no argument about that.

the sundown was at 2 ohms as well and put out almost its 1 ohm power rating.

as jacob and brewer said, at $700, its a hell of an amp. but i think we all see that if you spend $300 more, you'll get an amp that blows it away.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

true, but thats still significantly less than it should make. theres no argument about that.

the sundown was at 2 ohms as well and put out almost its 1 ohm power rating.

as jacob and brewer said, at $700, its a hell of an amp. but i think we all see that if you spend $300 more, you'll get an amp that blows it away.

what should it be then? AQ doesnt give a 2 ohm rating but its somewhere between 3500 and 750 (1 ohm and 4 ohm rating respectively)

so id say its right in line with where it needs to be.

nothing about that amp is "piss poor"

it does what it claims.

Edited by IH8PunkRok

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

what should it be then? AQ doesnt give a 2 ohm rating but its somewhere between 3500 and 750 (1 ohm and 4 ohm rating respectively)

so id say its right in line with where it needs to be.

nothing about that amp is "piss poor"

it does what it claims.

my thoughts exactly. 2400@ 2 ohms isn't bad at all.

like others said both amps are great, just depends on how much you're looking to spend

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

id like to theorize here for a moment. the "better" amp companoes tend to make over their rated power. i think the reason for this is those companies account for real world applications (i.e box rise) so when u see an amp like the t40001bd it may only be doing 4000 or 4100 in a tandard box due to a rise of impedence compared to its 4856 "actual" power. u see the companies that are good allow for more power to be made to compensate for the real world variables.

take for example a t-line vs a traditional ported box. tline has almost no rise at all and the standard has a fair amount. so u put the same amp on the subs in the 2 different boxes which is louder? tline. why? less impedence = more power. more power = louder. simple as that

so once again the better companies take the real world and most common application and account for it so they can get the amount of power u think the amp is making when u hook it up at one ohm. even though u may really be looking at a 3 ohm load

just my thought

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

there is no doubt in my mind that the sundown3500d is underrated, it looks to be a pretty badass amp... it all comes down to "you get what you pay for" but like punk and eric said its a fantastic value... especially if your on a budget.... id like to see some tests against the DAT amps although their ratings arent the same

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

What I personally like about Sundown is that you don't have to have "ideal" situations to get quality. I have probably had equipment for every major name over the past 15 years, and I am not knocking any one brand but I do know what's like to get an amp that says 1500 watts @ 1 ohm at 14.4 volts and find out what happens when your voltage is at 12.8. Or you get that "Titanic" of an amp that takes a small country to power it so you can get what it's rated at. Jacob keep up the good work.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

What I personally like about Sundown is that you don't have to have "ideal" situations to get quality. I have probably had equipment for every major name over the past 15 years, and I am not knocking any one brand but I do know what's like to get an amp that says 1500 watts @ 1 ohm at 14.4 volts and find out what happens when your voltage is at 12.8. Or you get that "Titanic" of an amp that takes a small country to power it so you can get what it's rated at. Jacob keep up the good work.

exactly my point. they take into account the real world situations. they realize that 90% of people wont be able to have a 1 ohm nominal load, with 14.4 volts constant power runnin to the amp. so they over build and that is how we determine "quality". they get the rated power without the ideal environment

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

id like to see one of these comparisons with a t4k or a t3k (if one hasnt been done). whenever i build my new system in my new car (whenever i get the car idk when but it shouldnt be too long) it'll come down to RF or Sundown. I've always used RF but i am impressed with the Sundown amps.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.